Chapter Fourteen - Bennett

After we got my little brother, Austin, we returned to the kitchen to hear my mom and dad in a heated discussion.

"I just want to know where you were!" I hear my mom exclaim in a hushed voice. I place my hands over Austin's ears. I don't want him to hear this.

"What do you mean? I was working." My dad replies back, sounding more calm, though I know he was far from it.

"I don't want this to happen again. Am I not enough?" I hear her voice break, causing me to frown.

"That was a long time ago and a big mistake. You are more than enough, I swear. Hours are just hectic right now. I'll try to get off sooner and make more time. You just have to trust me, please." So, he did cheat? And she hasn't kicked him out? My eyes prick with tears, at the thought.

"I'm trying. It's just hard."

"I know, baby. But I promise you I will never make the same mistake again. I love you, so much Heather and I'll do anything to make it up to you." I scoff. Like he has the right. I can't believe him. My father.

I look over to Rosaline to see her with a concered look on her face. Concerned for me. "Why can't they just be happy? A normal family." I say to her. I'm angry. Angry at my father for hurting my heart. And hurt. Hurt that he would jeopardize all of our happiness, because of his selfishness.

Rosaline places her hand on my cheek, "If you want my opinion, it sounds to me that they are trying to be happy. Obviously something happened, but it sounds like they both want to put some effort into making it work."

I uncover Austin's ears when I no longer hear the arguing, and I pull Rose into a hug. I wrap my arms around her torso before pulling away gently.

"I'm hungry!" Austin whines. I smile, grinning at Rose as she giggled at my brother. Her laugh is music to my ears, and I would do anything to keep hearing it.

I grab Austin's hand and walk into the kitchen with him and the silence is close to unbearable.

"What's for dinner?" Rosaline asks with a smile.

My mom puts on a bright smile, which I've come to realize is fake, and walks over to the stove stirring the unknown food. "Pasta." She winks.

"Your pasta is to die for! I'm excited." Rose tells her, with a grin, and I swear it took my breath away.

"You're too kind, Rosaline." My mom gushes, obviously thrilled from the compliment. "You're fine with pasta? Right, Bennett?" She asks, throwing a look my way.

I nod. "Of course, Ma. I love your pasta." I tell her, honestly.

I grab Rosaline's hand and pull her to a chair, pulling it out for her and pushing it in when she sat down. She looked up at me with a kind smile. It almost made me stand her up so I can do it all over again. But of course I didn't, instead I pulled out my own chair and sat down next to her. My mom placed our plates in front of us and then scooped pasta onto our plates for us.

"Thank you, Mama H." Rosaline said. My mom smiled back at her and sat down, placing the bowl in the middle of the table.

We all started eating in silence, until my dad spoke up. "So what have you been up to these last couple of years?" He asks, looking up from his plate at Rosaline.

She finshes chewing the food that's in her mouth, and answers. "Just school, mostly. I don't have many friends, so I just go to school and home. I just got a puppy though, who I absolutely adore." She smiles at the ending, causing my heart strings to tug. Then, I frown. I was her only friend, and then I left her, and I hate myself for it.

My father smiles and nods, while my mom comments this time, "No friends? How come? You're so sweet! I thought you'd have many." Rosaline looks uncomfortable after that.

I gave my mom a hard stare, "Mom!"

"No. It's okay." Rose starts, with an awkward laugh. "Um, I'm not a very social person. Bennett is really my only friend. I enjoy time to myself as well, so I've never had a problem with it." She shares.

God, why did I ever leave such an exquisite women? She's amazing in every way imaginable.

The rest of the dinner went by smoothly, some awkward questions here and there, but overall not too bad. After dinner I brought Rosaline back to my room. It still wasn't too late, so she didn't have to go home right away. And it was the weekend.

Walking into my room, I shut the door behind us and sat next to her on the bed. "I'm so sorry for my parents. They were being so weird." I groan, flopping back on my bed, laying on my back.

She bursts into laughter, laying her head on my chest and rubbing circles on my stomache. "They were fine. Of course it was a bit weird, I haven't seen them in ages."

"I love your laugh, Rosaline. It's beautiful." I say, before I could stop myself.

She glances up at me from my chest and smiles shyly. Then she says something that I didn't expect from her. "Kiss me." I look at her, making sure she meant it, making sure that she was sure, and she just grinned at me.

So, I kissed her. It started slow, both of us getting used to the feel of the other person, then it sped up. I put one hand on her hip and the other on her cheek. She then crawled on top of me, straddling me, and moving in a way that caused me to groan. She doesn't know what she does to me. Now, with both of my hands on her hips, I move them against my own, loving the sounds of her soft moans. I sit up, pulling away briefly, but peppering kisses down her neck, and flip us over. I place my lips back on hers as her hands roam my body and I move my body against hers. She pulls away, breathing hard, so I continue to kiss her neck down to her collarbone, nibbling when I made it to her chest, making sure to leave a mark, claiming her as mine.

I pulled away when I was successful in giving her a very visible hickey, that's if you were to see her without a shirt on. I smirk as I catch her reation to it. She gasped, her cheeks reddening, causing me to smile. "A hickey?" Rosaline asks. I nod my head proudly and she smiles softly.

She is so beautiful.

I climb off of her and sit up, causing her to blush harder and look away, I look at her confused. "What?"

She motions to my pants, and looking down I now saw why she was so flustered. There was a massive bulge in my pants. I laugh a little and smirk down at her, while she was still laying down.

Then I shrug, "It's what you do to me."