Chapter 1 Change

Masons POV
I was crouched down in a tree near a circle clearing,I could hear Nora arguing with Ren about the new name of the group. She's supposed to be quiet,we're ok a mission to kill a Grimm that's been terrorizing a nearby city. I looked up at a nearby cliff and hear rumbling getting louder,just then Ruby came bursting out of some tree tops shooting at the Grimm. It came at her falling off the cliff along with her,she was falling where I was. I caught her arm before she fell any further,then the Grimm who's body was rock swung at us. It took down the tree as we jumped in separate directions,it continued to follow Ruby as I found another tree to crouch in. Then Ren and Nora came up to the tree next to me,Ren then spoke up."we need to draw its attention away from Ruby!" As if on cue Ruby came past us still shooting at the Grimm and yelling"could use some help!" Ren jumped away while Nora used her heart grenade launcher,she shot three times but to no use. Then Ren jumped from tree to tree shooting his guns at it,it swung at him but Ren jumped on it's rock arm and ran up. He then jumped high in the air and came down spinning his knives at the end of his guns at the face of the rock Grimm,but it lifted its arms up to protect itself. That's weird,it doesn't care about it's body but does about its face. Ren dropped behind it where everyone else was,Ruby then shot the right arm of the Grimm with electricity,It did nothing. It then used that arm to bash the ground send a huge air current at everyone,it sent everyone back a good few feet. I drew my sword out and held my gun in hand,I looked down to see Nora running at the Grimm changing her launcher into her hammer. She jumped up as the Grimm took a swing at her with its right arm,she completely took its arm off. It tried to rebuild itself but the rocks only flew at Nora,Ruby cut one in half while most flew at Jaune who was dogging most of them. Nora kept evading the Grimm as it took swings and tried to step on her,it then saw a dead tree and grew a ghostly arm. It then dug it's arm in the dead tree and used it as its own arm,and it started swinging it at Jaune. Ruby then shot the tree arm with red dust,it caught fire. But it didn't care it continued to swing at Jaune,Ren then out of nowhere threw his gun at the Grimm. His knife on the gun cut the Grimms face making it fall to the ground,that's its weakness it's face. I could hear Jaune coming up with a plan,"if we knocked all of its arms off we could-" I then yelled from the tree,Jaune what do we do! "Nora your gonna try the new upgrade,the rest distract it till she's charged". I nodded and jumped at the Grimm,I made my chain longer and started to wrap it around it's legs. It tried to walk but ended up falling over,I unraveled it and saw Ren and Ruby ready to fire at it. It stood as I pulled my chain back and jumped away,then Ruby and Ren started firing at it distracting it. I then looked over at Nora who was ready,Ruby then ran over to her grabbed her and used her speed semblance with Nora. Then Grimm covered it's face but Nora was to powerful,she knocked off everything. The Grimm then got out of the rock it possessed and started floating away,Ruby then shot it in the face killing it.

We were back in a small village that we were helping,Ruby shook hands with the mayor of their town."We can't thank you enough","we're just doing our job sir"."That gist has been plaguing our villages for weeks,we were beginning to wonder if we have to relocate". "Well we are on our way to mistral,you can always come along with is if you don't feel safe". I began to zone out,I was looking around the village looking at all the people going on with their lives. I then got a glimpse of something,it was....Yang,I rubbed my eyes and opened them again,she was gone. I quickly looked back to the group as they were bowing to the mayor,I did as well and we left. We headed to the villages blacksmith,we were in there as the guy brought out Jaunes new armor chest and back plate."There you go son,it's gonna be heavier then your used to,but your gonna thank me the next time you go up a set of claws"."Wow,I don't know what to say"."You don't gotta say anything,just put it on,I'll go get the rest". He then goes to the back as Jaune looks at his new armor,Nora then speaks up."So what are you waiting for","oh uh right-",he then walks up to the counter and takes off his older armor."Guess I was gonna grow out of it eventually",Ren then spoke up."A sign of progress",he then turns around and Ruby starts giggling but trying to keep it in."Wha...what is it?" "What my hoodie,iv always had this". Ruby is still trying to keep her laughter inside but she couldn't handle it."Its got a cute little bunny rabbit!" Ruby then burst out in laughter "It's pumpkin Pete,you know from the cereal". She laughs even more after his comment,"what did you do send in a box top for a prize!" "Yeah 50," Ruby couldn't handle it. She started laughing so hard she got dizzy,and fell to the ground still lightly laughing."Well I suppose we don't have to grow out of everything","can't have a huntsman without his weapon". We then turned back to the counter to see Jaunes new sword and shield,"made all the modifications you asked for. That was some fine metal you brought me, accents the white nicely where'd you get it from?" We all got close and looked at the bottom of Jaunes shield that now had Pyrrhas crown embedded in the shield,"from a friend". Everyone except Jaune walked out,he wanted to change armor without us there. We then hear the door open and see the new Jaune there,he replaced his shoulder plates with lower arm plates,And his shield looked more new then the hand me down he had. Made his shield bigger and drew his sword,he looks different,he looks...like a changed man."He cleans up alright don't you think?" He then walks up to us,"he certainly does"."I still think a grenade launcher would have really brought the look together","nothing's gonna stop team RNJR now-","team JNRR!". "It doesn't mater what we're called,as long as we're together". We then turned around and walked out of town heading for the next,we were outside when Jaune started name checking things we had,"food","check","how bout amo","locked and loaded","got the map?" Then Jaune Nora and Ren started arguing about who had the map,I was behind with Ruby who was being quiet. I looked at her and she looked at me,I gave a concerned look to which she responded with a small smile. I nodded and we kept walking.