Chapter 7 Fiarytails And Truth

Masons POV
It was later that day,we were all sitting around a camp fire. Qrow was sitting alone so was Jaune,I was sitting on the ground next to Ruby and Ren was sitting with Nora. Qrow took a sip of his flask,"really no questions?" Jaune then spoke up,"of course we have questions,this is just a lot to take in". "Sure,of course". "So these, maidens, they're powerful fighters that don't need dust to use magic". "Yeah","and there are four of them?" "Yep always"."Which means whenever one of them dies,the power transfers to someone else a female that they care about?" "Whoever was in their thoughts last,important distinction,best option it's someone we can trust,regardless their souls become combined in a way". "And thats what you were trying to do to Pyrrha,the night the tower fell,you were trying to turn her into one of them.". The previous fall Maiden Amber had been attacked,she was young and inexperienced, and her assailant that we now know as cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power,but not all of it. We were afraid if we didn't do something,the rest would go to her as well". "So you forced it on Pyrrha-","we didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her a choice,and she chose. You were there,you heard her". Jaune got frustrated and stood up and walked a few feet away from the camp fire,"that guy Teryan why was he after me?" "Well it definitely painted a target on your back for what you did at beacon,I told you having silver eyes was a rare trait,and the fact that you were able to use them has upset some very power people". Cutter has silver eyes too,"his eyes are green not sliver". He wears green contacts,his mothers eyes were green,and his fathers eyes were sliver."Some people have it,others don't. Not many people know about the sliver eyes,but those that do aren't very happy one has surfaced. And now that I know your friend also has silver eyes we need to make sure he doesn't use his power,that's why iv been keeping an eye on you,I wanted to make sure you were safe. All of you","oh well why didn't you just travel with us? It seems that would have been way easier". "He was using you as bait","look I wouldn't put it like that its complicated"."What is all of this? Ruby's being hunted,the schools are being attached,all for what?what is the point of all of this,will you just tell us what's going on!" "Would you sit down,your stressing me out kid". Jaune then sat down again,"not many people are super religious these days. This worlds been around for a long time,long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin,two of them are actually real",I already heard the story of the two brothers. It basically goes that two brothers the older good one and the younger one the evil one were always trying to best each other with their creations. The younger brother created the creatures of Grimm and the older brother got pissed off with their endless fued together they created one last creation before leaving remnant,they made us. Humanity,that's about the sum of the story."But what does that have to do with us?" "Well that's the kicker,see the four gifts to mankind were knowledge,creation,destruction,and choice. Aren't just metaphorical,each of them exists in a physical form,left behinds by the gods before they abandoned remnant. And each of them was extraordinarily powerful,if someone were to collect all four,they'd be able to change the world. That's exactly what the enemy wants,the huntsman academy were created to train the next generation of humanity's protectors,but they also serve another purpose. Guarding the relics,when Ozpins predecessor founded the school,he built them around the relics to act as fortress,not only will they be easier to defend,but they'll surrounded by trained warriors. The hope was that hiding the relics would keep mankind from using them on themselves. And of course keeping them out of her reach. So yeah there's that","her,you mean Selma". "That's right,not much about her and quite frankly that's not what matters,what matters right now is that she wants the relics. And if she gets them,it's not going to end well".

"Alright,so let's say we believe all of this,there really is this crazy evil behind these attack not just some thugs trying to become powerful. Why doesn't the world know? Why isn't atlas going after them or mistral". "And why aren't we in more of a hurry to get to haven,shouldn't we be giving them a message. What if they're next?!" "The head master over there saw what happened with beacon,he's not dumb he'll be on his guard. Besides it takes time to mobilize forces like that,do you really think they planned out that attack on beacon over night. And to answer your question,it's the same reason we keep quite about the maidens. If the whole world knew about the relics-",it would be chaos."Exactly,we'd have another Great War on our hands again,and this time you'd have to fight. Look I had the same questions too,but ole Ozpin always put his foot down. We can't cause a panic,I can't tell you how many times iv heard that. Selmas smart,she works from the shadows using others to get what she wants. So when it comes time to place the blame,you can only point at each other. She's trying to divide us,humanity,and so far she's done a pretty damn good job."Alright,so what should we do?" "I don't really know,Ozpin has put a lot of trust in the head masters. Like I said the schools are an important part of stopping Salem,atlas is gonna be on high alert and Vacuo is well Vacuo. It'll be hard to higher thieves and scoundrels to fight other thieves and scoundrels. Take that,and the fact that cinder and her group come from haven and I think it's likely the next target,so we're on our way to the headmaster. Haven't heard from him in awhile,even before the attack. I'm hoping he has the answer",Qrow then stood up."Alright,I think it's time you kids got some sleep,especially you kiddo". I stood up and said I'm fine,I got to be our look out anyway."Uncle Qrow,"yeah"."This is a lot to take in,and it all sounds crazy,but,I'm willing to do whatever I can to help. Because I trust you,but why couldn't you trust me? Why couldn't you just travel with us instead of all this secrecy and-","look it's not about trust. I...it's a long story ok","seriously now your tired of telling us stories"."Don't you know that crows are signs of bad luck,old superstition. But it's how I got my name,see some people can absorb electricity and others can burst into rose petals,and some people are born unlucky. My semblance isn't like most,it's not exactly something I do,it's always there wether I like it or not. I bring misfortune,I guess you can call me a bad luck charm. Comes in real handy when I'm fighting an enemy,but it makes it a little hard and friends,and family". "Well you are just a real bundle of help aren't you","yeah". "Where are you going?" "Taking a walk","there's nothing else you want to tell us?" "Not tonight",Qrow then walks off."Ok well we should all get some sleep,Mason you shouldn't be up right now". Thanks for your concern Nora but I'll be fine,I walked over to a nearby tree and climbed on to one of its higher and bigger branches. I did so slowly,when I got to the top I said don't worry about me...ill get down later. They nodded and got in their sleeping bags and fell asleep,I was looking out into the night and had slowly fell asleep.
It was the next morning I was groaning in pain,I could hear Qrow coughing from a few trees over. The others woke up to his coughing,Ruby walked over to him. I heard a gasp,"well...that's unfortunate". I then fell out of the tree,Ren and Jaune came and helped me up. I looked at my stomach to see a purple substance instead of blood,I then looked over to Qrow,well we're fucked.

RWBY Volume 4जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें