Chapter 2 Acceptance

Masons POV
It was sunrise,everyone was still sound asleep. I'm our designated watchmen,I was looking around when I heard Ruby gasp. I quickly looked over to where she was sleeping,she sat up in her sleeping bag started to look around and held her temple. Hey Ruby,she quickly looked up at me."Oh hey Mason",you ok? "Yeah,I um....I just had a small nightmare". I nodded and said ok well since your up let's gets moving wake the others,she nodded and did just that.

The sun was up and we were walking to the next town over from the last one we were in,Ruby was looking at the map with Jaune. He was talking about the next town and how he used to go there when he was younger,me Nora and Ren were walking behind them as they talked. Ren and Nora were looking at the two talk while I looked straight ahead,we hit the next town...but it was all burned. Shit,I said it aloud,everyone then looked at the town as well. We all stopped and looked at the town for a bit,Ruby and Jaune then dropped the map and we all ran into the burnt town. Me and Ren saw a man at a broken down wall,"over here!" They came to where me and Ren where running to,Ren knelt down beside the very injured huntsman."A huntsman!" "What happened? Who killed all of these people?" He then spoke up,"bandits. A whole tribe,then with all the panic...". He couldn't finish do to him chocking,"Grimm". Ren then stood up and walked away from the man trying to regain his composure,I could hear the others behind me trying to come up with a way to save this guys life. I knelt down in front of him and helped him lay down,he just looked at me as the life in his eyes slowly went away. Guys...GUYS! They all looked at me,he's dead. They all stayed quiet for a bit,"should we bary him?" "We should go,it's not safe here". I looked up at Jaune and Ruby,you guys go with them I'll catch up."What are you gonna do?" I'm gonna give him a resting place.

It was later that day,everyone was asleep except for Jaune. He stayed up practicing away from everyone else,he had this video on. It was a video Pyrrha made for him so he can practice on his own,as he was doing that I heard some shuffling below me. It was Ruby,she must have heard Pyrrhas voice and woke up, she was hiding behind the tree I was in. We both watched as Jaune did what video Pyrrha said to do,he looked very tired and frustrated. Not because of the practicing,but because Pyrrha isn't with him anymore. The end of the video came and when it did it rewinded and started from the beginning,he again did what Pyrrha said to do. I looked down at Ruby,she looked sorry for Jaune. She then turned around and went back to her sleeping bag,I then looked at Jaune who was still practicing.

Flashback
I woke up after falling from beacon tower,I pulled the arrow out of my back and it hurt like hell. I looked around with my blurry vision,I saw Pyrrha laying next to me pasted from out. I crawled over to her,I shook her till she woke up. Are you ok? "Yeah I...I think I am",I then began to look around. My vision coming back to me,we need to get out of here,"I um....I can't go back". What! What not? "I couldn't stop her,that lady on the tower...I couldn't stop her". Pyrrha you tried your best,maybe whatever Ruby did stopped her."I....I just can't look at everyone knowing I wasn't strong enough to stop her....please....I want to disappear". I looked at her,she had tears in her eyes. Ok Pyrrha...ok,we hugged and crawled out of the rubble. I noticed she didn't have her crown,Pyrrha where's your crown? "I don't know...but I can't stay and look for it",I nodded and pulled out my scroll. I got hers and touched ours together,if you need to find me or any of us...you can find us. She nodded and ran off,I looked at her as she ran away. I guess I can't tell anyone she's alive,it'll break them.
End of flashback