NINE

EPISODE NINE → JUNGKOOK

SYNOPSIS

When his sister makes it into the finals of a singing contest, Jungkook finds himself at odds with his family (and himself).

____________________

7:01 A.M. is the time the clock reads when Jungkook glances at it in frustration. His head was killing him from the hangover he had and he wanted nothing more than to continue sleeping. But loud banging at his front door was preventing him front doing so. And when it becomes apparent that neither his sister or his father were going to answer the door and the knocking wasn't going to stop anytime soon, Jungkook hops up in frustration and almost trips over his sheets in the process.

Who the hell was knocking so early on a Saturday?

The closer he gets to the downstairs, the louder the knocking grows. So when Jungkook pulls open his front door, he's fully prepared to tell whoever it is on the other side to fuck off. But he only so much as pulls open the door before various men holding cameras come hurrying in followed by a man with a microphone that he shoves in Jungkook's face.

"Are you Jeon Somi?" The man asks and Jungkook can only blink blearily at him.

"Who the fuck-" He starts only to be interrupted when his sister comes walking down the stairs, rubbing tiredly at her eyes.

"Jungkook, who is it?" She asks quietly with a yawn. When the man holding the microphone spots her, he smiles widely and exclaims -

"Congratulations Jeon Somi, the votes are in and you've made it to the second round of our search for the Nation's next Sex Bomb!"

"What-" Jungkook mumbles in confusion, but Somi is already screaming loudly in excitement. Their father seems to have been woken up by the noise and is now watching her with a proud smile. The camera's are all over the place, being shoved in his face and at other odd angles and it's all too much for Jungkook who's still very much hung over from the night before.

So it's really only a surprise to everyone else when he leans over and promptly vomits on national television.

✖✖✖

"Is that cereal?" Changkyun asks as they watch the video of Jungkook throwing up for the fifth time that morning.

"Fruity pebbles" Jungkook mutters tiredly from where he's staring off into space. Emira is trying to get him to drink water for his hang over but he's too tired to do so.

"If it makes you feel better Kook, the video has over one million views." Wonho says, showing the other boy the view count on the video but Jungkook simply blinks at him in response.

"What the hell. Why does that have over one million views?" Emira asks, staring at the view count in disbelief.

"Well it is titled 'Hot shirtless teen let's it all out'." Is Wonho's response as he reads the video title, giving it a weird look afterwards.

"Why does that sound like the title of a really bad porno?" Hyungwon says, nose crinkled as he opens a bag of skittles.

"That sounds like something we'd find in your browser history." Wonho mumbles, laughing loudly when Hyungwon actually hears and pours his freshly opened bag of skittles down his shirt. Emira has to stop Changkyun from eating the ones that fall from inside Wonho's shirt onto Jungkook's bed.