FINALE (15.3)

FINALE PART THREE (END) → TAEHYUNG

SYNOPSIS

"We're like a puzzle or some shit. If we're missing a piece then we're not complete. We're going to get older and I know some of us might not even make it to see that time. And it's all really fucking scary. But right now, these are our moments, our futures and our fuck ups all in one. And if anything, we should make them count because besides each other, this is all we've got. This is the future for us."

____________________

Kim Taehyung awakes to dimness. He blinks slowly, shifting only to wince at the pain that stings his face and through his side. The boy then slowly shifts onto his other side only to be met with a face mere inches from his. Her eyes are closed peacefully in slumber and she's curled into herself like that of child.

Taehyung smiles tiredly as he reaches out to tuck a stray strand of hair from her face. It reminded him of when they were kids and they would take naps together. But he simply takes a moment to admire her beauty then and how her mere presence made him feel calm.

Slowly, so as not the wake her, he carefully sits up on the bed. He eases his way out quietly before making his way into the bathroom. He shuts the door gently behind him before turning to face the mirror. His face is covered in bruises, thought the shower he had taken before falling asleep had gotten rid of the blood. Still, with such a broken boy staring back at him - Taehyung smiled.

Everything would be okay.

He runs the sink water to splash on his face and help him wake up. Afterward, he dries his face quickly before deciding to head back into the room. When he opens the door, he finds her awake, picking at the hem of her white dress gingerly as she sits on the edge of the bed.

"Do you want to go downstairs now?" She asks quietly and this time, Taehyung nods.

She smiles tenderly at him and grabs his hand gently in hers then. They walk down the stairs to find the inside of the house empty. But he's so caught up in her that he can barely pay attention to that fact. So caught up in her that he doesn't realize that she's led him outside until loud laughter catches their attention.

Their friends are playing in the lake behind the house. Just like when they were kids, Hyungwon, Yugyeom,  and Changkyun had water guns, spraying each other into oblivion. Wonho is giving Emira a piggy back ride through the water while she giggles like mad. Jungkook is doing the same with Grace who's smiling sweetly down at him.

"Taehyung, Lisa, come on!" Emira calls to them, making Wonho look over and wave at them.

And Lisa prepares to do just that, but Taehyung pulls her back gently by her hand. She opens her mouth to question him, but just as quickly, he cuts her off by pressing his lips gently to hers. And it's brief, because he pulls back a mere second later.

"Taehyung" Lisa says quietly, seemingly scared to put her cards up for heartbreak again, "What does that mean?"

"It means that I love you and I'm not afraid to say it this time." Taehyung tells her, searching her face for any signs of oncoming rejection.

But Lisa's face lights up with a smile wide enough to mend the broken pieces of Taehyung's heart.

"I don't think you know how happy you make me." She tells him, giving his hand one last gentle squeeze before making her way towards the lake.

And Taehyung watches her go, slipping his hands into his pockets as he takes in the sight before him. He thinks of the cards Mr. Sims had given him the night before, he thinks of how he's finally ready to love Lisa the way she deserves it, and thinks of how he wishes he could freeze time and live inside this moment forever.

But beyond this moment, he knows what's waiting for them. But it doesn't matter now, not as he listens to the loud laughter and took in the blissful smiles of the people he loved.

No, nothing else mattered in that moment except that they were happy.

And as Taehyung started to make his way towards the lake, the cool liquid sweeping over his feet as Lisa grabs his hand with a smile that makes his heart sing melodies of joy - He couldn't help but think that maybe this happiness would last them a lifetime.

✖✖✖

AUTHOR'S NOTE

THIS HAS BEEN TEENAGE DIRTBAGS.

Thank you so much for reading. I know it wasn't the best and my ideas were kind of all over the place. But the goal was to tell a story of friendship and how at the end of the day, friendship prevails ya know? But also to kind of shed light on the different kind of struggles with each dirtbag.

Yugyeom - anxiety, nervousness

Grace - Lack of emotion that makes it difficult for her to relate to others

Lisa - Anger Issues due to mistreatment, abandonment, and having to basically be a mother from a young age to raise Hieu

Wonho - Selfless from being alone for so long

Emira - Desperate to fit in

Erin - Misguided by someone she trusted; Naive in the sense that she thinks she can make everyone happy

Hyungwon - Has a relatively normal life but has to watch his friends struggle

Changkyun - Dealing with an unknown illness, and the feeling that death is looming on ever corner after watching the same illness kill his sister

Mark - Makes his first real friends (besides Minhyuk) with the dirtbags because people only used him before

Jungkook - Never really got over his mother's death; Struggling under the weight of his father's unrealistic expectations

Taehyung - Mistreated by his family leading him to make his own with his group of friends. Is protective of them for this very reason: They are his family.

So I hope I did an okay job of relaying these. If you're interested, I have published a sequel to this titled "Shameless". The first official chapter isn't up yet, but the characters are + the intro thing.

I know some of u might be attached to the character's by now, but just know that "Shameless" is much more serious than this one if u do decide to read it.

++ I actually changed it last minute to be TaehyungxLisa for the final chapter. Y'all already know who it was gonna be if I hadn't 🙃 lmao. Also, WonhoxEmira is basically confirmed but every confession that I tried to write came out either too cheesy or too bland so I just skipped it altogether.

Thank you for reading again. You guys helped me write this more than u think. And I appreciate it so much. 💖