Hardest Night

Harry's P.O.V

It's been two months since I started my job with Ron. I got sliced last month, and I went back. Lily healed me, and I wanted so badly to stay with her, but I knew I had to go back. When I got back, I felt my eyes water again. Ron saw, and said "it's alright, mate. I miss Hermione too." I held the picture I brought and stared at it. I thought come on, Harry. You're doing this for her to be safe. Today is the hardest day of the mission. We have to try and catch Yaxley. We've already caught most of the death eaters that are left. Our leader said "alright troop! Time to go!" I kissed the picture where Lily was, and then whispered "I'm doing this for you, Lily." I then put it away and went out. I hope nothing happens to any of us.

Lily's P.O.V

I woke up still kind of sad today. While I was having breakfast, I felt something on my cheek, and smiled. I don't know why I smiled, but that brightened my day. Hermione and I were doing better now. I decided since it's the halfway point, I would sleep in my house tonight. I was nervous, but I knew Harry wanted me to be strong. It was 12:00pm, and I usually waited around this time watching my journal for a bit. I stared at it, waiting for anything to appear. Nothing came up. I felt sad, but put it away. Hermione and I decided to go out and have lunch. We talked about how we were doing, and our Hogwarts memories. We then went home and just showed each other things that Harry and Ron had gotten us. It was pretty early when we finished, but I wanted to get settled a bit before I slept in my house. Hermione came with me, and I took another deep breath before going in. When I entered, the memories came back. I had a flashback when I stared at the couch, or the stairs, but then I went straight up to our room. The bed was still unmade from 2 months ago, and our clothes were still on the floor. Hermione saw them and teased me, saying "oohh what did you two do?" I blushed, and she said "we did too." I picked up Harry's shirt and held it close to my heart. It smelled like Harry. Hermione said "well, I'll leave you alone to feel comfortable." I nodded, and said goodbye. I then went back upstairs, and grabbed Harry's shirt again. I wanted to feel like Harry was with me, so I put his shirt on. Instantly, I felt safer. I decided to have a cereal since I was tired, and then went upstairs. I laid down on my usual spot, but I didn't feel safe. I then scooted over to wear Harry usually was, and then felt like he was with me. It still took me a bit to fall asleep, though. But after a bit, my eyes closed.

One month later

It's been 3 months now that Harry left, and I am starting to feel anxious now. I just want Harry back! This has been too long, and I definitely won't let him go anywhere for a while after this. I hadn't gone backs to my house, because I felt sad when I woke up alone and remembered that I was alone. I made Hermione and I breakfast, and then she came down. We talked about how anxious we were, and how we would be distanced for days while we enjoyed the first few days of them back. We just went out to a park that was close. We walked around, and then sat down. We were there until the sun set, and then we went back. When we got back, we got word from Harry's and Ron that the mission ended early and that they would come home in 2 weeks. I was so happy! Hermione was, too. These will be the longest two weeks of my life.