Morning with Scratch and Alex

Alex woke up late at night, or rather, extremly early in the morning. They squinted at the bright red numbers on their clock that read 6:15 am and groaned. Another nightmare interrupted by restless sleep. "I guess its better than being chased by a mutant crocodile" Alex mumbled outloud to their dog. Inside their head though, they asked, "hey anybody up?"

"I am" scratch, one of their alter personalities replied. See, alex had Dissociative identity disorder, also known as multiple personality disorder.

Scratch and Alex talked for a while and browsed the internet before their stomach started to growl.

"You should probably get somethin to eat kid" Scratch commented.

"I dont wanna though" Alex whined, throwing their hands up in the air dramatically. This always happened and it annoyed Scratch to her very being. But she still loved the dorky, childish kid. They argued for a few minutes until Alex finally gave in and took them to go get a snack. It was only slightly dark in the kitchen and the two cohosts paused to wonder why it was so much brighter than expected.

Just then Alex caught sight of the window on the side of the kitchen. They stood, gaping at the beautiful sight in front of them. The sun was just coming up and it lit up the sky in magnificent blues and pinks and oranges. It was one of the prettiest sights the two had ever seen.

"Woah" Alex breathed, taking in the sunrise. Inside their head they leaned against Scratch, who was softly smiling as they watched the birds and squirrels run and fly across the field behind the their house.

"Yeah. Incredible huh." Scratch said as Andromeda, the family dog came walking up to them. Somewhere in their mind she registered petting her behind the ears

"Yeah. Amazing" Alex said, knowing that it was gonna be a good day. After all. How could it not be with such an incredible beginning to it. With an incredible person and an adorable dog.