Ethan's song.

I sat nervously as I waited for Josh, my boyfriend, to respond. I had just sent him a video of me performing my favorite love song for him on the guitar and I had no idea how he was going to react. I bounced my leg over the side of the bed and then picked up our guitar again. I strummed the strings, singing the song over and over to try and calm my nerves because in case you couldn't tell, I'm an extremely anxious person.

I waited. And waited. And stood up and walked around a bit. Then came back and waited again.

I repeated this for a good hour just waiting on their response, hoping they liked it. But after a while our aunt called us in the kitchen for dinner. We chatted for a bit then I asked if i could perform for her to get some feedback before Josh came back online.

I started to strum, occasionally looking up at her smiling face before I started the first verse

"A great big bang and dinosaurs

Firey rain and meteors

It all ends unfortunately

But you're gonna live forever in me

I guarantee, just wait and see"

I sang, still kind of jittery

"Parts of me were made by you

And planets keep their distance too

The moons got a grip on the sea

And you're gonna live forever in me

I guarantee it's your destiny"

I started softly smiling at this point and got a bit more confident

"Life is full of sweet mistakes

And loves an honest one to make

Time leaves no fruit on the tree

And you're gonna live forever in me

I guarantee it's just meant to be"

I was full on grinning by this point but my favorite part was coming up so i slowed down a bit and got a tad quieter and more intense.

"And when the pastor asks the pews

For reasons he cant marry you

I'll keep my word in my seat

That you're gonna live forever in me

I guarantee, just wait and see

That you're gonna live forever in me"

I was nearly whispering at this point

"Yeah you're gonna live forever in me"

I hit the last chord and my aunt started clapping and laughing with me.

"That was so good Ethan!! Josh is gonna love it!!" she said with a grin and i gave a shy smmile in return.

"Thanks, i sure hope so" I replied as i set my guitar down and my aunt left with an "im sure he will"

As soon as she left our room our laptop dinged. I rushed over to it and saw that Josh had finally responded. I read over it and smiled like an idiot. I had been nervous for nothing. I typed back at light speed.

"I love you Ethan. That song was great. Can't wait to hear you perform live ;)"

"I love you too joshy. Can't wait to see you again either."

<3

<3

-Ethan