{Don't Starve} Wilson x reader [Suspending Trust]

You were a bit shocked to hear that coming from Wilson. It wasn't like you died or anything. Then again...it must've felt like you did. You were about to ask if he was okay but you felt his shoulders shaking. Was...was he crying? You pulled away a bit to see his face. Yup, he was crying. He quickly wiped away his tears when he noticed you saw him.
"I-im sorry. I w-was just worried." His voice was cracking, no matter how hard he tried to control it. You gave him a small smile.
"It's okay. I'm kinda glad you were. It just shows how much you care about me." You whispered the last bit of what you said but to no avail, he heard you. You could tell his face heated up a bit which made you chuckle. He gave you a small glare and let go of you.
"Well..what you said isn't wrong." You quickly looked over at him to see him looking at the ground, shuffling his feet like a child. You cocked your head a bit.
"What do you mean, Wilson?"
He looked up at you, red in the face, and pursed his lips. He opened his mouth for a moment only to have it shut again. You rose an eyebrow and went closer to him. He cleared his throat and looked you straight in the eyes.
"[Y/n]..there is something I'd like to confess to you.."
You nodded for him to continue but..you swore you felt irritation on your arm somewhere. He took a deep breath and continued.
"As I'm sure you know, we have been working together for a while now, no matter what has happened."
You hummed in response, the irritation was getting worse. He straightened himself.
"I know that it seems things have been hard but, we have been there for each other, right?" You nodded with a small smile which faltered when you felt major pain in your arm. 'What the heck..'
"And...well, as you know..I..I care about you a lot..and..uh.."
He was starting to shake. You had a feeling for what he was gonna say but you wanted to hear him say it. No matter how long the pain in your arm lasted. It felt like it was going numb anyway.
"Um...well...I'd guess you could say..um..that..I-i..."
All of a sudden a dark hand wrapped around Wilson and lifted him up. You tried to move to see where it was coming from but you couldn't.
"Oh, Wilson~ It had been a while hasn't it?"
Wait a second..that voice. Thats..no it can't be. Wilson looked into your eyes with terror.
"C...charlie..?"
You felt a smile grow on your face. What the hell was going on?
"Ah, so you do remember. That's great. Look, I'm sorry to have broken up your romantic love scene but I have a favor to ask~"
A favor? What the heck could they want? Wilson's face scrunched with anger and disbelief.
"You let her go."
Charlie let out an evil sounding laugh.
"Oh my~ Getting brave are we? Don't forget your place Mr. Higgsbury."
And with that the dark hand slammed poor Wilson into the ground with a large thud. Then into a nearby rock and into the floor again. Charlie had done a significant amount of damage to him before they lifted him up again.
"Now now, are you willing to cooperate this time?"
Wilson spat out blood and weakly nodded. Charlie smiled again, most likely at the fact that they were able to break him into submission.
"Good. Now I need you to find a series of portals and take dear [y/n] with you. But before you can go through those, there is a rod you need to make. I'll give you the blueprints for it. Basically, take me to him. Understand?"
Wilson just nodded, taking in all the knowledge. Then he furrowed his eyebrows and looked to Charlie.
"What's the point when you know he has forgotten you.."
Charlies smile fell into a scowl. You heard a growl emit from the throat they were borrowing.
"Oh...so that's how you're going to be? Too bad.."
Charlie began to beat Wilson again. He looked close to death at this point. You wanted to cry, scream, anything. However, you knew that it wouldn't reach him. Still, the feeling of hatred changed something. You felt...lighter. You tried to move again and..your other arm moved. You gasped and stopped the dark hand from hitting the ground. It appears you couldn't speak yet. Charlie must've noticed the lack of control on their end.
"Oh. Looks like the princess is here to save the day. However, you better do as I say Higgsbury. You wouldn't want someone getting hurt because of you..would you?"
And with that, the dark hand disappeared causing Wilson to fall to the ground. You gasped with tears in your eyes and ran up to him. He held his hand up when you got close.
"Stay away from me.."
You backed up a bit, hurt.
"Are you okay? Is there anything I can do..?"
He looked up at you.
"The best thing is to probably go off on your own. I'll find my way back to camp from here.."
Your tears fell. He wanted you gone. You could understand where he was coming from though. So, he got up, gave you one last look and left. You just sat there..utterly destroyed. As you broke down crying you heard a voice in your head.
"See what happens when you try to get the good end?"
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, it's been a while. Sorry!
I got my new phone finally and this is what I wrote when i come back...great job me. Sorry if I broke anyone's heart. I promise there will be some sweet love eventually. Anywho, thank you for keeping up to date with my story and I'll see you in the next chapter~