Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Many thoughts were running through my head while Addy was pulling me towards the noise. My brain was a pile of spaghetti and I was so nervous. But really only one thought rang out louder than the others.

I'm so glad I wore deodorant today.

I know it sounds minuscule, but it can save your life like it is saving mine.

Addy was still gripping my hand, pulling me around the house looking for Steph and the others. My palm was sweating up a rainstorm. She hadn't noticed yet, and I was thankful for her inattentiveness.

Door after door opened and shut, we made our way to everyone. I guess they had snuck off to watch a movie, seeing as they were in the home theatre.

They all look so focused on the movie. I recognized this movie, it was Sinister. I've seen this one before. It was near the end when the father finds out the mystery of the house he moved out of. I looked to Addy, and I could see it in her eyes she had the same idea. We waited for the part where the little girl is walking down the hallway, and when we say the time come, we attacked.

We grabbed the tops of Steph and Harry's shoulders and squeezed lightly. And boy did it do the trick. Harry sprang from his seat and fell to the ground clutching a spare pillow. Addy got Steph and all she did was scream and fall on the floor to keep Harry company.

Everybody ended up screaming and either throwing popcorn in the air or elbowing their neighbor in the eye. It was quite a sight, seeing everyone terrified and yelling their heads off in fear.

Addy and I are on the ground, clutching our aching stomachs, tears in our eyes, reviling in our masterpiece.

When everyone is done screaming and yelling, they look at us over the side of the couch. I look up to them and you can see the blood lust in their eyes. That made me laugh even harder.

Bad decision.

Harry stood up with a pillow in his hand, the others backing him up with the same hard expression. We had stopped laughing, a bit scared actually of them all. I looked at Addy, and then we bolted.

We dashed down the hall, Steph and Harry and Zayn hot on our tails. We made it to the end of the hallway, and we had to choose to whether go left or right. My heart was racing, I was easily getting out of breathe. The adrenaline pumping through my entire body kept me on my toes. Grabbing her hand, Addy and I ran to an extra room.

We made it onto a room, and turned around and closed the door just before Harry got to the handle. I spared my back to the door, Harry had taken it to himself to ram his shoulder into the door, hoping to either break it down or scare us.

"Lock it!" I yelled. Addy reached for the knob and turned the lock. We were safe. I removed my back from the wood, and stared at it while Harry continued to hit the door with his fist and yell profanities at us.

"I swear to God, Horan, I'll get you for that! You too, Charles!" We giggled, even if we did come out, he wouldn't do anything. Harry is too big of a sweetheart.

"Sure, mate! Whatever you say!"

He grunted against the door and waited to speak again, "You'll have to come out at some point. And when you do... We'll be here, waiting in the shadows." His voice sounded eerie and far away as he spoke, his voice now gone.

I shivered, goosebumps rising on my arms and neck. I felt someone grab my hand, I looked to see Addy smiling softly at me. She started to swing our arms back and forth, and I giggled from her silliness. I pulled her over to the soft bed, and we sat there for a bit, the silence comforting. She layed her head on my shoulder, and I breathed heavily, the close proximity getting to me. Seconds turned into minutes, and Addy looked like she was starting to get a bit sleepy.

I got up and walked to a silver door near the bed, a mini fridge. Pulling out two waters, I handed one to her. She took it graciously.

I took a sip before breaking the silence.

"I have an idea."

She raised her eyebrows curiously. I took in her reaction and spoke with confidence.

"Ok, so, we're stuck here with just a mini fridge and a room. Harry just texted me and I guess he wants to play a game."

A look of confusion spread across her beautiful face. I took out my phone and typed in my birthday as my passcode. So original, I know. I held up the screen to her, two texts pulled up from Harry himself:

'Game of War, starting the moment you read this. Be prepared, we will catch you. And we will kill you'

'Love, Harry'

I inwardly laughed at this formalness. I looked at Addy, a look of excitement in her eyes. I started staring at her lips. They looked soft and plump, the light hitting them, giving them a much more pinkish tint. I guess she noticed my admiring, and shifted on the comforter uncomfortably. I broke from my gaze, shaking my head a bit.

"And I know exactly how we're gonna win."

"Sure you do. How are we gonna survive out there? We have limited supplies, no plan, and no weapons!"

I smiled widely, a plan forming in my head.

"See, that's where you're wrong."

Again, the adorable confused face. Just she wait.

I stood up and turned to her, holding my palm out to her. She looked at it, and gently placed hers in mine. Her hand was soft yet rough, like she wasn't afraid to work and get dirty in the process. I guided her to the closet.

"There is a reason I chose this room when we were being chased. I knew this was gonna happen. All we need," I pointed to the closet door, "is in here."

I grabbed the knob and twisted it, pushing the door out to reveal my favorite room in the house.

The look on her face was one I will never forget.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N

I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED LATELY I AM SUCH A BAD PERSON I'M SORRY OYU GUYS GOTTA CHEW ME OUT IF I TAKE TOO LONG FROM NOW ON OK? I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS UPDATE AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE.

I'LL UPDATE REAL SOON TOO JUST TO SHOW YOU GUYS HOW SORRY I AM

LOVE YOU LOT BAII

-D.C. Allen