Chapter 10

I passed Steph the tissues, and she took them with a gracious expression. She dabbed Addy's face with it, removing any left over tears from her flushed cheeks she missed. Her eyes were still red and puffy, even though she stopped crying hours ago.

Addy's posture was slumpy, if that's even a word. She was resting her arms around her knees pulled up to her cheat, like she was keeping herself together that way

My heart ached for her, to know what caused her reaction.

All we were doing was playing war, and she just broke down a bit.

I sat across from the two roommates, and the other lads were scattered around the living room. Liam was sitting on the floor with Lou and Zayn and Harry where sitting on the back of the couch, looking over at us.

Without thinking I stood from my planted spot and sat down gently next to Addy. To my surprised she leaned her head on my chest, she could probably feel my erratic heartbeat.

I rubbed her back softly. I whispered in her ear, "Are you thirsty?"

She ever so slightly nodded her head, enough that I noticed it anyway.

I went to get up to fetch her a bottle when I saw Harry already coming back from the kitchen with one for her. He held out for her to take it. She smiled a small smile and took the bottle in her small hands. I felt a pang of jealousy. She never looked at me like that, did she? I'm going paranoid, I haven't told anyone about my most recent epiphany besides Liam.

He wouldn't like her, would he?

He wouldn't.

Oh yes he would.

Damn.

While I was knee deep in the green monster's thoughts, not mine I promise, Steph stood up with Addy in tow.

"Look guys, I think we're gonna go home."

A collective groan emanated from the boys' mouths, including mine. Did they have to leave? What if I never saw her again? I mean, yeah, she's Harry's girlfriends best friend and we're bound to see her again, but I couldn't help feel the panic.

"Aww, c'mon, can't you spend the night? You still have some clothes from when you were here last time you and Addy can wear," Harry pleaded. He really wanted to get Addy's approval even though it seems he already got it.

"No, Addy needs to go home and rest."

Addy perked up a bit as she entered the conversation.

"No, it's ok. I'm fine. Can we please stay? We were having so much fun," she whined, pouting her lip dramatically like a child would. Steph just kinda stared at her, shaking her slightly before agreeing. We all cheered. We were gonna have a sleepover!!

In a couple minutes the girls were in Steph's left behind pajamas and so were we.

We all sat around the couches, Louis putting in a movie for us to watch.

"Ok, so pick a genre."

Eruptions of suggestions filled the room.

"OK! One at a time, Harry?"

"Horror."

"Eh, no. Steph?"

She caressed her nonexistent moustache before answering.

"Rom-Com."

"Ok then Rom-Com it is. How about Clueless?"

Zayn complained, "That's not a romantic comedy! That's a chick-flick."