Chapter 3

Updated both stories in one day, yeahwoo!!!

Soccer!Louis to the side because he is my weakness.

Dedicated to gemmaastyless for messaging me about my stories and telling her friends!! :) Go read her stuff, it doesn't suck!! :D

Hope you enjoy!! xx

Chapter 3:

I sighed heavily. Of course Erin would have mentioned the odd relationship Garrett and I had shared. But I’m sure she didn’t tell Liam the full story, out of respect for me or whatever, but without any context, it just seemed like Garrett and I were just hooking up to hook up, which was not the case.

“You’re not denying it?” Louis asked.

I shook my head. “No, but there’s a story behind it. Did Liam say anything about why that went on?”

“No. But is there really a good excuse for sleeping with a bandmate?” It didn’t sound to me like there was judgment in Louis’ voice, and I couldn’t read his face, but I couldn’t help but feel like his opinion of me just went down the drain.

I ran a hand through my hair. “Would it even matter if I told you, or should I just leave now?”

He frowned. “Why would you think it wouldn’t matter, Natalie?”

“It doesn’t seem to matter to Liam, so why would it matter to you? Bros before hoes, right?”

Louis rolled his eyes. “It might come as a shock to you,” he said sarcastically. “But I’m not as judgmental as Liam is, and I want to get to know you, not the stories people tell.”

I rested my head back on Louis’ chest. “How are you such a great person? Your mom has got to be the best woman on the planet.”

He chuckled. “I’ll let her know you said that.”

After a few moments of silence, I spoke again. “So, about that elephant in the room…”

“Right, I was thinking we’ll call him Henry. Does that sound good?”

I laughed lightly and shook my head, sitting up. “I’m trying to be serious here.”

“Ew. Is that contagious?” I pouted at Louis, and he sighed, sitting up as well. “Fine, fine. Go ahead, love.”

“Okay, well I guess a bit of background would be a good start. Garrett and I met our first year of high school, so we were like fourteen. He had just moved to town, and he was this really shy and awkward guy, all lanky and ginger like he is now, you know? But, me being the little social butterfly that I was, I decided to be his friend. It wasn’t really an easy thing to do. Garrett didn’t want to let anyone in at all, he didn’t like talking to people and he didn’t like sharing things about himself. But I was persistent and never stopped trying to get him to be my friend. Eventually, he gave in and we became sort of friends, and then we had to work on a project together, so we decided we were going to do it at Garrett’s house, even though he seemed a little bit nervous about doing that.

“So we get to his house after school, and he insists that we work on this project on his front porch. Like, I wasn’t allowed to go in the house at all. We were working for about an hour before I heard someone moving around inside. Next thing I knew, a cute old man was at the door, asking Garrett about his new friend. It turned out that that man was Garrett’s grandpa, Dave. Garrett lived with him because of some problems with his parents that I didn’t find out about until a few years later. But Garrett had been ashamed to let anyone know that he lived with his grandpa, so I was sworn to secrecy. He didn’t want anyone to know that the weird new kid didn’t have parents, because that would have made him an even bigger outcast.