Chapter 10

This chapter was a struggle and a half to crank out and I apologize if it's lacking. The photo is the couch Natalie bought ;) If you read this on mobile, I promise you that you want to look at this couch. There's a way you can do that on mobile, I just can't remember what it is at the moment. It's late and I'm tired and I have to be up early to go clean some dude's yacht.

Love you all bunches!! PS, you should also read Swing Away, my Ashton Irwin AU, if you don't already. I'm really proud of it and it's my favorite thing I've written. xx

Chapter 10:

I walked out of the bathroom after showering, ruffling a towel over my head. I stopped in my tracks and broke out into laughter when I took in the sight of Delia sitting on the floor instead of on the new couch I had bought after she demanded a new one after the whole her walking in on Louis and I having sex on the old couch thing.

“Deeds, I spent my hard-earned money on a couch for you and you won’t even sit on it?!” We had had it for a little over two weeks and there has not been one time that I saw my roommate sitting on it.

“It’s ugly and I hate you for buying it!” Delia glared at me.

“You wanted a new couch. You should have come with me to buy it!”

“I didn’t expect you to pick one up from the fucking Salvation Army! You don’t know what kind of person donated that couch! You don’t know who has been on it, or what, or what’s been done on it!”

I shrugged and flopped down onto the new couch. I had told Delia I bought it from the Salvation Army, but in all actuality, it was practically straight out of an IKEA catalog. Except this couch was ugly. It was beyond ugly, actually. I had only bought it out of spite for Delia. I still had our old couch; it was in storage until Delia decided she’d rather have the old couch than sit on the floor. “It’s a comfortable couch, Dee, I don’t get the big deal.”

“Because you’re gross!” She laughed at me before shaking her head. “I honestly don’t think you could have picked an uglier couch.”

“It has character!” I whined, running my hands over the soft material of the couch. It was truthfully a gross combination of olive green, turquoise, yellow, orange, and red designs. It was a bit of an eyesore, which was the whole point.

“It does not.”

“It sort of reminds me of a Vera Bradley bag,” I said nonchalantly, knowing how much Delia loved the intricate designs on all of her Vera Bradley handbags.

She fake-gasped. “I can’t even believe you would stoop so low! I am leaving until you learn how to mind your mouth.” She popped up from the floor and went into her room. She came back through with her favorite Vera Bradley bag over her shoulder. “I’ll be at Mel’s if you need me.”

“I just want my old couch back!” I yelled overdramatically as she walked out of the door, flipping me off as she went.

I laid there for a few minutes until my phone vibrated with a new text message. I opened the message from Erin and groaned as I read it.

From Casper: Have you talked to Louis yet? :)

To Casper: Mmmmmmmmnope.  I’m barely even awake yet.

From Casper: I don’t care. Call him or I’m telling him to call you.

To Casper: I hate you more than I hate salt and vinegar chips.

From Casper: Okay Nat :)

To Casper: Tell him to log onto Skype. I’ll call him in a few minutes.