Chapter 6

Almost 3,000 words you guys. I was excited about this chapter. We get some Natalie and Garrett time as well as some Natalie and Louis time. The picture to the side is Lacey (Cara Maria Sorbello), who is introduced in this chapter and will be important later on.

I hope you enjoy the chapter, babes. xx

PS: DOES ANYONE ELSE LOVE JOE SUGG?!?!

Chapter 6:

            I was sprawled across my couch watching a marathon of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit when my phone rang. It was on the coffee table and out of my reach.

“Delia?” I called out to her.

“What?”

“Will you come grab my phone for me?”

“Are you joking?”

“No,” I whined. I stretched my arm as far as it would go and groaned when I still couldn’t reach my phone.

Delia walked in and rolled her eyes at me. “You’re honestly pathetic, Nat.” She grabbed my phone and slapped it into my hand. “Stop being lazy.”

I flipped her off and answered my phone. “Who is calling me during SVU?”

“Wow, Natty, way to greet your favorite bandmate,” Garrett’s voice came through the phone.

“Well, I’m busy. Detective Stabler is looking fine.”

Garrett laughed. “I just wanted to know if you wanted to go shopping or something? I don’t want to sit at home alone today.”

I propped myself up on my elbow and looked at the clock. It was noon. “Okay, but I want to be back by 5, because Louis and I have plans at 7.”

“Ooh, is it a date?” Garrett said in a girly voice.

“It’s just two people hanging out, Gare.”

“Of course it is. I’m sort of already on the way to your apartment, so be ready in ten minutes, okay?”

“You suck,” I laughed. “I’ll be ready.” I hung up on him and shut off the TV, walking to my bedroom. I actually had to change to hang out with Garrett, because I had been just hanging out around the house in a big t-shirt and my underwear; not exactly a shopping outfit. I slipped into a pair of dark-wash skinny jeans and a black sweater with the Batman logo on it that hung off of one shoulder and a pair of black combat boots. I made sure my hair was the perfect kind of messy before putting on makeup. When I had finished, my phone went off again, letting me know that Garrett was here. I walked out to the kitchen and kissed Delia’s cheek. “I’ll be back later and then I’m leaving again. I’m going shopping with Garrett. I love you.”

“Love you too, Nat.”

I climbed into the front seat of Garrett’s large black pickup truck and buckled my seatbelt, giving him a funny look as I recognized what was coming through the speakers. “What the hell, Garrett?”

“Hello to you too, Natty Light.” He started driving, glancing back at me for a moment. “Now what am I being questioned about?”

“You’re listening to Hunter Hayes?”

“Oh. Yeah. I’ve been listening to him a lot lately, actually.” He shrugged. “He’s fucking talented.”

I nodded. “No doubt about that, I just wasn’t expecting it from you. You’ve usually got this intense aversion towards anything country-related.”

“Yeah well, things change I guess.”

I nodded again. “I get it. So how are you doing?” I hadn’t seen Garrett much since we’d attended Jem’s funeral. We’d had a few writing sessions, but no one ever talked about ourselves during those.