Chapter 8

So, uh... There's sex in this chapter, if you don't like it, I'm sorry, but I did leave warning at the beginning of this story that there would be sexual content. It's not too graphic.

Chapter 8:

“Why’d Rick have to come again?” Garrett asked, slightly grumpy. We were all piled into the big black Escalade Rick drove, on our way to an address Lacey had given us to meet her at.

“Rick had to come because none of you actually know this woman, and none of you actually know what the address she gave is for,” Rick said condescendingly.

“Hey, in my defense, she didn’t tell me! All she said was that she had some things to take care of and that it would be best if we could go to her,” I said. “She’s a fan, and I’m sort of becoming friends with her, so I figured that we could be accommodating.”

“Yeah, we’re so accommodating that I’m giving up the only free day on my calendar to go meet with some chick that could be a psychopath,” Delia complained from the front seat.

“If Delia is going to be a prick, can we drop her on the side of the road somewhere?” Chase asked. “I’m not putting up with her today. She’s been nothing but pessimistic lately and it’s getting me down.”

“Shut up Chase.”

“He’s right, Deals,” Garrett said. “Plus there’s the whole part where you were a bitch about his songs.”

“Should you guys really be meeting up with a fan if you’re acting like this?” Rick asked.

“Garrett and I would be going regardless of these two,” I stated, pulling my phone out of the pocket of my jeans. “Feel free to keep bickering, though. I super like being in a band that hates each other.” With that, I put my ear buds in and played music from my phone.

“Shit, this house is sick! Do you think she lives here?” Chase asked, looking out his window. We had pulled into the driveway of a two-story white moderne-style home. When Rick stopped the car near the house, I could see a pool in the backyard.

“If she doesn’t, I call dibs,” Garrett said.

“You already have a house!”

I rolled my eyes at them and opened my door and stepping out, breathing in the fresh air. This house was away from the city, out more in the countryside. “Let’s go. You can gush about her house when we’re inside.”

“Sure, Natalie,” Rick said. “You can go ahead and hop out, putting yourself in potential danger.”

“Rick, shush. I promise there will be no danger here.”

“Alright, if you’re so sure, I’m gonna be out here in the car. Come out when you’re ready to leave.”

“What a good security guy!”

Rick smiled and flipped me off. “Get out of my face, Reed.”

I laughed and looked at my band members, who were now out of the car. “Alright, let’s vamoose.” I led the way up the path to the front door and rang the doorbell once we got there.

“Natalie, hey!” Lacey opened the door and hugged me. “Thank you guys so much for coming here! There was just no way I could leave today.” She waved at Garrett. “Hi, Garrett!”

“Hi Lacey,” he nodded. “This is Chase, and that’s Delia.”

“Hi! Come on in! Sorry if there’s a mess. It’s been a crazy day.” We followed her into the house, which was decorated very tastefully. The mess she was referring to came in the form of toys scattered all over the floor. “I just put the kids down for their nap; I swear I was just about to clean.” She showed us to a living room. “Would any of you like anything to drink? Or to eat?”