Prologue

.

Prologue: In The Middle Of The Night (5,7K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary's PoV.

.

Clary never considered herself a bad person. She wasn't a good girl, but still, she was a good person. She had morals. She donated to charity. She rarely talked badly of someone who wasn't there to defend themselves. She never killed or injured anyone on purpose. So, yes, Clary considered herself a good person.

Until that day...

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

For as long as she'd known it, Clary believed in happily ever after. She believed in love, and the power of it and how much good it could do a person. She just thought it wasn't for her.

Her parents had the perfect love story. They were highschool sweethearts, and never doubted each other, and barely ever fought over things more trivial than what tv show to watch during game night. Their relationship was strong and worth a Hollywood movie, minus the drama and probable death of a villain. After all, they were each other's first love. They covered all the bases included in long lasting love, including the random flowers delivered to Jocelyn and the lunch trips with a picnic to Valentine's were simply in love, and therefore the perfect couple to be raised by.

Jonathan, Clary's older brother, was slowly getting more and more involved in his relationship with Izzy. They met a year ago at work, and were almost inseparable now. Clary always liked the way Jon would look at Izzy as if he was a blind man seeing the sky for the first time, every time Izzy would appear by his sides. Jon had never been a ladykiller, but he'd never been a romantic either. Until Izzy came into his life.

Clary didn't have that luck. She didn't fall for many guys, and when she did it never worked out for her. There was always something wrong with her that made all her relationships fail. Her father didn't mind that much, because he 'didn't want to see his little girl settle so quickly'. Her Mom was prone to say that she should simply be patient. But when Jon used the L word to refer to Izzy, that's when Clary decided that she was not made for love.

After all, what can a twenty-five years old girl do when she seemed defective in the romantic relationships department? All her friends were in steady relationships, ready to get married, to have kids, and she simply wasn't. She couldn't even keep a boyfriend for more than six months. Love was simply not made for her.

So she decided to stop waiting and looking for love. She was just one of those people who would die alone, filling her nights with hookups until she's eventually eaten by cats and only remembered by her parents and her brother. She was the eternal bridesmaid, but never the bride. She made a sort of peace with it. What could she do? Strap a guy in the apartment she shared with Jon until he would rightfully fall in love with her?

So now, she was enjoying life as it was coming. Not getting herself involved in any sort of relationship for the past year and hooking up with a few guys. It wasn't as fun as it seemed, because guys were hard to get, and even harder to convince of this one time thing. Who would have thought that guys liked the idea of settling more than girls? Maybe not as radically as girls, but still.

And this is how she ended up in a hotel room with some guy that she met at an event that her company threw. The guy didn't keep his eyes off of her all night, and she would be lying if she said that she didn't feel attracted to him as well. He was more than good-looking, he was gorgeous. It looked like he was straight out of a movie or a magazine.