2. Negotiations & Declarations

Chapter 2: Negociations and Declarations (5,9K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

.

Maar Daala — Devdas

Sexual Healing — Marvin Gaye

Taikatalvi — Nightwish

Blank Space — Taylor Swift

Tu Vas Me Détruire — Notre-Dame

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary's PoV.

.

Hate. Clary had experience a lot this feeling in the last couple of months. She knew this feeling so well that she could tell every single stage that hate made you go through. She knew how strong and powerful it could make her feel. She knew how depressing it could make her feel as well. And still she never wondered how it must feel when hate was directed toward her. And now, now that she was the first target of someone else's hate, she did not like how diminished she was feeling.

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

For a few endless seconds, the blond man remained frozen on his spot, shock written all over his face

For a few endless seconds, the blond man remained frozen on his spot, shock written all over his face. His golden eyes looked at Clary from head to toe, as if she was an hallucination. Her memory hadn't failed her. He was exactly the way she remembered him, though at this right moment, he felt a little bit more imposing. His golden hair wasn't tousled, but properly structured in what Clary called 'the professional guy haircut'; and the few she could see of his golden skin was strongly contrasting with the darkness of his suit.

But before it might start to appear awkward or suspicious for him to stare at her like that, Wayland regained control of himself and slowly closed the door behind him before walking to the desk, his eyes now cast solely upon Hodge. Hodge who seemed completely oblivious of the little tension that the new up-comer just brought, eagerly smiled and introduced Clary with a benevolent wave of his hand:

"Haaa, Jace. Here you are, finally. This is Clarissa Morgestern, our most promising seller. And your new partner ... that is, if she signs the contract."

Clary indulged Hodge a little polite smile while Jace Wayland courteously nodded his head in her direction, his jaw tightened with a forced smile. Swiftly, his tawny eyes lingered on her as if to recognise her presence as a future co-worker, not just someone he found in Hodge's office.

His eyes did not show a single emotion, but Clary could tell that he was not happy by this, but neither was she. Never she would have think in her worst nightmares that she would be one day forced to work with the man who cheated on his wife with her.