5. Remorse & Regrets

My dear little broccolis💚💚💚
💚 Hey! You're not dreaming! This is really an update. Long overdue, but here it is. I Truly hope that you will like it! I know that some typos will be there, but I will linger on them tomorrow, around the same time I will answer you for the previous chapter. I'm too tired right now, but too excited for you to read it. And sorry, this chapter is shorter than the others, but promise the next one won't be.💚 Anyway, enough chitchat, I will let you read this long overdue update, and will impatiently wait to read your thoughts on it.

Love, Mina💚💚💚

.

Chapter 5: Remorse & Regrets (4,5K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

.

Stone Cold — Demi Lovato

Not Afraid Anymore - Halsey

Skyfall - Adele

Helium - Sia

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary's PoV.

.

Oblivion. That was the perfect word. She was seeking oblivion. She was wishing that she could forget anything that was personally related to Jace Wayland, and it suddenly accorded to her that her brain was twisted and evil. How come her brain could make her forget about important things such as birthdays, dates, filing tax reports; but was so eager to make her remember in the most minute details anything that she did with Jace Wayland, especially when she would gladly forget that one simple thing.

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Jace crossed the threshold of the apartment she was sharing with her brother, neither of them saying a single word. Clary was trying to keep her head high and pretend that she wasn't phased by the fact that Jace flew all the way back to New York, and found her apartment. But if she was honest with herself, she was finding it a little creepy that he knew where she lived, when they barely exchanged a word that did not have to do with work or sex.

As she lead him to the living room, she could still feel his hard gaze on her, his two golden eyes burning holes in her back and piercing through her to see her darkening soul. She was wondering what would happen next. Would they talk, or would it be like last time, and end up having sex? And a dark and twisted part of her was hoping for the latter. Jace was a really good lay, and her body remembered exactly how good he was.

But before she could do anything irrational, she cleared her throat, still avoiding looking at the blond man in the eyes, and she proposed him something to drink.

"I told you that we needed to talk about this. I told you not to leave like a thief in the night. And yet, it's exactly what you did. You snuck out on me without any explanation," Jace snapped, his voice clary showing that he wasn't food by the fact that her proposition was just a way for her to avoid their long overdue conversation.

But there was something else in his tone, something imposing and demanding that Clary didn't like. It was as if she owed him any sort of explanation when she certainly didn't. He wasn't her father, and she certainly wasn't his wife.