4. Let It Go

My dear little broccolis💚💚💚

💚 Hey! You're not dreaming! This is really an update. Long overdue, but here it is. I Truly hope that you will like it! I know that some typos will be there, but I will linger on them tomorrow, around the same time I will answer you for the previous chapter. I'm too tired right now, but too excited for you to read it.

💚 Anyway, I hope that you will like this chapter. I really hope that you will like it because it took me forever to write, and well, lemons are on their way. ‼️SPEAKING OF LEMONS, know that those are slightly different than what I'm used to doing, and it will keep on going down that road. You've been warned.‼️

💚 Anyway, enough chitchat, I will let you read this long overdue update, and will impatiently wait to read your thoughts on it.

‼️PLEASE DON'T BE A SILENT READER AND LEAVE A REVIEW

IT REALLY DOES HELP‼️

.

Chapter 4: Let It Go (6,2K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

.

Stone Cold — Demi Lovato

Closer - The Chainsmoker, feat Halsey

Russian Roulette - Rihanna

Alive - Sia

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary's PoV.

.

To let go. To simply let go and live the moment. Without caring about right or wrong. Without caring about tomorrow or consequences. Maybe she could do it. Maybe she could just follow wherever life wanted to take her and stop worrying about what her reason wanted her to do. She could, maybe, just maybe, simply let go. After all, remorses were always better than regrets. That's what Granny Seraphina had always told her.

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary did not make a single move, nor even blinked as Jace was getting closer and closer to her. She knew that she should step back. She knew that she should clear her throat to let him know that it was wrong. She knew that she should at least slap him to show him that this was all kind of wrongs. But her body was frozen. She couldn't move. And so she simply stayed there, simply anticipating the act and her reaction as Jace was coming closer to her.

And finally, his lips found hers. The kiss wasn't bruising and demanding, like the first time they kissed in the elevator. It was a simple kiss. A kiss that wasn't about releasing any kind of urges, or about taking something that he conveyed for a long time. It was simply a kiss that was about living the moment. He had wanted to kiss her for whatever reason, known only to him, and so he did.

And that's when Clary finally acted. When she finally stopped being this stoic statue and actually did something. But I like what she thought she would do, she did not chastise him, asking him with an outraged voice what was wrong with him. She did not slap him and haughtily backed away, looking down on him. She actually attacked him in a different way, bringing the kiss to another level.