3. That Little Thing Called Confidence

My dear little broccolis💚💚💚

~ I know, I disappeared out of nowhere, without even giving a warning, once again, again! I should really stop doing that. I am very sorry, and I have no decent excuse, except that life happened. But I am using this new year opening to us to make a pact with myself, and I decided that I will finish more than one story this year. I am going to focus on this story, Mistakes, Behind The Curtains and In The Welfare Of War, as well as Road Trippin. So that means, lots of updates for you. I am already working on the other ones I will make tonight, but not all at once. Please have mercy.

~ Also, I created a playlist on Spotify with the music that help me write the stories I update. I will refresh the playlist every week. It is called "Fanfics for my little Broccolis. Mina Lisly"

~ Anyway, I hope that you will like this chapter. I really hope that you will like it, because it took me forever to write, and lot of bad things happening on the way for me to update (including 5K disappearing in the wild that I had to rewrite completely).

~ Anyway, enough chitchat, I will let you read this long overdue update, and will impatiently wait to read your thoughts on it.

Love, Mina💚💚💚

.

Chapter 3: That Little Thing Called Confidence (7,4K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

.

Stone Cold — Demi Lovato

Frozen — Madona

Phenomenal — Eminem

30 Minutes — T.a-t.U

All Of Me — John Legend

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary's PoV.

.

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Confidence. That little something that can boost someone into believing in themeselves. That little something that can make someone do the impossible. It was probably one of the first thing Valentine taught Clary when she was young. That as long as she had self confidence, as long as she believed in herself, she would be able to achieve her goals. And so, all her life, Clary judged herself as a person who didn't lack confidence.

But at this moment, as the words that uttered Jace Wayland were taking a full impact of her, she found herself suddenly doubting herself. And worst, she could feel her self confidence shy away and try to flee face to the confidence Jace Wayland was showing her.

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Clary looked one last time at the cloths hanging in her dressing before settling for a simple plain black dress that she would compliment with accessories that were all in the various shades of brown. For several minutes, she had considered wearing one of her favourite skirt, a red asymmetric plaided skirt, stoping at the knee; but since she was going to be travelling alongside Jace Wayland, she had decided against wearing the colour of lust.

After she had signed the contract the night before, Clary went back home with her brother with whom she celebrated her promotion to the fullest, not letting any bitterness stain this moment for her. Izzy, Jon and her cheered to the advantages she would get and to her dream job finally becoming a reality; and during the whole time, Clary refused to think of the down side of what getting this promotion meant to her.