2. Smile

Rehearsals began the following week.
I got really for work very carefully, then examine myself in the bathroom mirror.
My sweater didn't cling snugly like (Y/F/N)'s jumpers always managed to. It bulged out unattractively over my boobs, then went into ugly folds below my waist.
I sighed and stroked mascara up my eyelashes. I'd spend a lot of the weekend thinking about Tom. Wondering about him. He intrigued me, the way he'd made everyone in the room aware of him just by walking across it, the weird contrast between how bored he'd looked most of the time and then the intense interest in his chocolate brown eyes when he'd looked at me, like he really wanted to know who i was.
That look alone, made him unlike any boy I'd ever met.
I was determined to tall to him later. To find out about him. He must be really into the movie to speak the lines as well as he did. I could imagine him sitting in his bedroom, scrunched up against his pillows, reading his way through the script. Just like i had done.
"Oi are you nearly done in there?" I hear (Y/F/N) shout from downstairs.
I pull myself away from the mirror and go downstairs.
I got in the car with her and drove to the studio.
__________________________________________________________________________________
"Sorry I'm late" Tom said, not sounding sorry at all.
He walked over to the nearest table and leaned against it casually. "There was something i had to do".
My heart pounded.
Tom was extraordinary. Everyone in the room was looking at him, and yet he didn't seem at all embarrassed.
"Right, well you're here now." The Director said rolling his eyes.
I was avoiding looking at Tom. The power of his presence was making me feel of balance somehow. I couldn't explain it.
Very slowly I raised my eyes i tiny bit, so i could see his face. He was staring at his shoes. He was wearing a navy blue floral shirt with a black leather jacket and black trousers.
Suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck prickled. He was looking at me, i could feel it. Oh god he'd seen me staring at him. I averted my eyes to the floor instead.
I was still sure he was looking at me. I glanced up. The intensity of his stare almost knocked me out. His face was rigid, Furious. Almost like he was challenging me not to laugh at him. I stared back. Why was he so angry ?
I wanted to look away but I couldn't. It was like Tom was holding me in his gaze, pinning me down.
As we looked at each other, the hard look in his eyes softened. He wasn't smiling exactly, but at least he didn't seem angry anymore.
I was mesmerised by his face, by the shape of it, there was something about it. His eyes were certainly beautiful.
"Tom we need you on set"
Tom looked away.
As everyone bustled about, Tom moved slowly to the centre of the room. He walked, as he did before in hi sown swaggering way. This hot powerful glow radiated through my whole body. It was terrifying how strong it was. How it took me over. How i knew what it meant instinctively, even though id never felt anything like it before.
I wanted him to touch me. To kiss me... I looked down at my hands. They were actually shaking.
Tom started speaking. Oh my god. I forgot how brilliant of an actor he was. He was in a totally different league to the others. He finished his lines and walked back to where he had been standing before. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. But he didn't look at me again.
I suddenly remembered how dumpy i had looked in the bathroom mirror this morning. I glanced at Tom. He was frowning over his script.
My heart sank. I had no hope. Who was i kidding?
All of a sudden he glanced over at me again. That hot, powerful feeling I'd had before flooded through me, stronger than ever. And then just like that he was off again to do more lines.
At the end of the day we was told we could go home. But i didn't want to go, not yet.
I went down to the cafe and ordered myself a latte.
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
I looked around, my hand poised over a plastic cup.
Tom gazing down at me, his eyes so intense they almost peeled my skin away.
"Er... no" i said.
"Oh" Tom sounded mildly surprised. "I just thought because... Well... you being as pretty as you are and all" his eyes darting around the room, hand rubbing the back of his neck, he was smiling at me.
I caught my breath. I'd never seen him smile before. It transformed his face, bringing it alive with charm, fun and a whole new level of sexiness.
Then he turned and walked away, just like that. Gone.
I looked at Tom before i walked out of the cafe. Nut he didn't see me. He was talking to another couple of cast members, holding them spellbound.