8. First kiss

The next day, (Y/F/N) and i went to set. (Y/F/N) made sarcastic remarks about me and Tom all the way there.
"You can do way better than him, (Y/N)" she kept saying. "I mean, he's always working you'd never get to see him."
She laughed. "I'm just teasing, girl," she said. "Tom's okay, if you must. I mean, he is a bit weird, but he's obviously really talented, and if you like him, who am i to judge."
I rolled my eyes.
"I tell you one thing, though" (Y/F/N) said, lowering her voice. "He'll be after sex on the first date, you can see it in his eyes" she said mysteriously. "He's not used to waiting for things."
I sat down, what on earth was (Y/F/N) on about? Tom and I hadn't even kissed yet and we'd met weeks ago. The last thing Tom was, was pushy. I shook my head. It might be all about sex with (Y/F/N), but the connection I'd felt with Tom was different.
The car took ages to get to set. In the end we arrived 10 minutes late for filming.
Tom acted even better than ever that day. He was in a bad mood, but he seemed to channel it all into his character. Spider-Man fought and pulled stunts whilst fighting with the Vulture. As usual the director spent very little time directing him. Tom just didn't need it in the same way that everyone else did. He already moved and spoke completely naturally, making total sense of everything he said.
Later, in his scene with Liz Allen, he was calm and gentle. He gazed as (Y/F/N) as if she was the only person in the room. Jealousy seeped through me like poison. It suddenly occurred to me that he was going to have to kiss her. Not tonight maybe but at some point during filming they were going to have to do it.
I felt sick. My heart thudded horribly. It was impossible. I couldn't bear it. I couldn't watch him crooning over her any more.
I walked off of the set and went to the bathroom, where i took several deep breaths. I was just going to have to get my head round it. It wasn't his fault. Or hers. There were kisses in the script.
I gritted my teeth. He had to ask me out. We had to have the chance to talk properly. To kiss. Maybe if we knew where we stood with each other, it wouldn't be so hard to see him with (Y/F/N) in the movie.
I looked in the mirror. Same old you: dull, boring (Y/C) hair and eyes. But there was something different about my face. God, i was positively glowing with excitement at the thought of him. I blushed, realising how obvious it must look. Then i gritted my teeth again. I didn't care if it was obvious. Tom knew how i felt. He'd known at the party. And he liked me too. Didn't he?
Filming ended soon after i got back. Tom came over to me immediately. While everyone else filed off of set he started chatting about the party asking if i had got back all right. It was small talk, i quickly realised, designed to keep us where we were until everyone had left.
The director was the last one to leave, we waited while he switched out the light, then as soon as he disappeared from view, Tom grabbed my hand. It was dark, but not completely. We stood facing each other. Tom's eyes were pieces of gold, gleaming out of the shadowy lines of his face. My heart raced as he looked at me. And looked at me.
It was incredibly sexy, and deeply, deeply unnerving.
Go with it. Don't say anything.
Yeah, right.
He was holding my gaze - a lion, getting ready to pounce.
My body trembled.
I couldn't look away.
He took a step towards me. I could almost feel the air between us compressing and cracking into a zillion little sparks.
I couldn't say anything. All my words were lodged in my throat. I closed my eyes, feeling his head leaning down towards me, moving closer and closer.
I gave myself up to the kiss. Soft and light and gentle. It melted through my body like butter.
"Tom?(Y/N)?" You hear the directors voice echo from behind you, snapping you out of your blissful moment,"what are ... get out of here!"
I scurried to the door and then fled the set.
I made straight for (Y/F/N). She raised her eyebrows as i walked up to her but thankfully said nothing.
Tom strolled in about five minuets later, he grabbed a drink, gulped it down, then turned, looking for me. His eyes called me over. I was there in seconds.
I suddenly realised I wasn't going to be needed on set for the next two weeks.
Ask me out. Now. Do it.
My heart pounded.
Come on. Do it.
"(Y/N)" (Y/F/N) yelled across the room."Time to go."
Tom's eyes narrowed. It was like he was forcing himself to look at me. "Can i have your number?" He said.
My grin almost split my face in two. "Sure" I said. I dashed over to my bag grabbing a pen and my script and scrawled my number across the bottom of the back page of my script, i tore it off and handed it to him. He pocketed it and walked out of the room with saying a word.
My heart was still racing. "His has my number." I whispered excitedly under my breath as i walked towards the door ready to go home, grinning like an idiot.