5. Dreams

I spent the rest of the weekend reliving what had happened in the coffee shop. Thinking about Tom. I could feel myself falling for him. It was the weirdest sensation, like the thought of him was sucking me in - taking up all my energy.
I couldn't believe i still knew so little about him.
Ok, so i was pretty sure he was well off and he had three brothers, and he was friends with Zendaya, but that was about it. Discovering those things had thrown up far more interesting questions, none of which I had satisfactory answers to.
I tossed and turned, unable to sleep on Sunday night. If only I'd been able to stay longer at the cafe, I might of worked some of it out. We could have talked about the movie to. I could of found out why Tom had said it was great that i was single.
I could have given him the chance to ask for my phone number.
Jeez. I could of asked him.
Instead, I'd met up with (Y/F/N) and had another coffee with her, then we'd set off for town, where - true to form - (Y/F/N) brought three pairs of outrageously sexy heels and I had deliberated for half an hour over a new pair of trainers.

Part of me wanted to talk to her about Tom. I knew that if it was her she would be going on and on about him.
But i couldn't do it. Not because of how uncertain everything was with Tom, but because of how powerfully i felt about him.
How deep my wanting him went.
I approached Mondays filming in a state of high excitement. Surely Tom was bound to say something to me today?
But he wasn't there. And no one knew why.
Bitterly disappointed, I schlepped moodily home with (Y/F/N), who was buzzing from the filming which had gone well, despite Tom's absence.
"I thought it was stupid doing a fight scene without Spider-Man being there." I said grumpily.
"I thought it was better without him" (Y/F/N) said, looking at me strangely. "He's a bit weird if you ask me. You know. Intense."
I shrugged. "I guess," I said.
I sat back, more glad than ever that I hadn't said anything to her about my feelings for Tom.

Tom was on set the next day. I tried to catch Tom's eye while he was speaking, but failed. Tom simply stared stonily down at his script the whole time. He didn't look at me once during the whole of the filming either. And he didn't come to the trailer's afterwards for coffee either. My stomach was in knots. Why had he changed? I was sure he'd been interested in me when we were having our coffee. Why was he ignoring me now? Had i done something to annoy him?
He did the same thing the following day. Tom completely ignored me. I was beside myself. I couldn't work out what I'd done.
I started dreaming about him. Long, slow dreams in which he paced around me like a lion, getting closer and closer until finally reaching out to hold me, kiss me. I would wake up sweating. Unable to sleep. Unable to get him out of my head.
My feelings for him were getting worse.