7. He liked me too?

I went straight up to Harrison and the girl he had with him when i got back to the party. They were all over each over. I had to stand right next to them for about ten seconds before they even saw me.
"I've just been sick," I said.
Oh, (Y/N). Harrison made a sympathetic face. But i could see he was in no mood to leave.
"Tom saw be being ill. He's gone, but he said i should ask you..." I stopped. Apart from not really wanting to talk about Tom in front of Harrison it struck me that there was really no need for Harrison to come home with us at all. (Y/F/N) and i were perfectly capable of making our own way back. But Harrison was already nodding. "He wants me to take you home ? That's fine," he said.
(Y\F\N) comes over after overhearing the conversation.
"Are you really feeling ill, (Y/N)?"
I swallowed. I wasn't too bad, not anymore. But I'd promised Tom I'd let Harrison make sure i got back okay. And I'd said I'd leave soon. I frowned. Something about the leaving soon thing didn't quite make sense, though I couldn't put my finger on what.
I nodded and (Y/F/N) disappeared to go get me a glass of water.
I stared at Harrison. "I'm fine, look, Tom was just suggesting you might take me home. He wanted me to go soon. But there's no need - i feel okay now. And I'll be with (Y/F/N) when I do leave."
Harrison shook his head. "He'll be really annoyed at me if I don't do what he said."
I frowned. "How do you mean,'really annoyed at you'? Why would he be? I don't understand."
"Me and Tom have an agreement. He lets me come to set with him. Then, if he asks me to do anything like this, i do it. No questions."
My frown deepened. "How often does he ask you to walk his ... his friends home?"
"He hasn't before but sometimes he asks me to go collect his brother from the airport. If he has to be somewhere else."
"Why's he doing this for me?" I said.
"He's probably worried about you going home drunk." Harrison said.
I spotted (Y/F/N) carrying both our jackets in her arms - appearing in the doorway.
"Okay." I whispered, remembering what hadn't made sense to me before. "I see why he wants you to make sure i get home alright, but why did he say i should go soon?"
I stared at Harrison, wondering what new revelation i was going to get about Toms personality now. Harrison blushed. "Er..." He said, watching (Y/F/N) wander over to us. "I imagine that's just because he doesn't want you getting with anyone else."
The next day was Sunday. My head was full of Tom and the night before.
Part of me was mortified that he'd seen me drunk and puking. But part of me kept remembering the way he'd looked at me - how he'd said he liked me too...
This last point was reinforced by Harrison. He had mentioned to (Y/F/N) on the journey home that he thought Tom was interested in me. (Y/F/N) had pestered me all night for details. I kept insisting nothing had happened between me and Tom. Which was true. We hadn't even kissed.
I just said he'd been nice about me being sick and I couldn't really remember the rest of it.
"He's a bit weird,(Y/N)," she said. "Don't you think? "Dead intense. I mean, look at last night. He wasn't even able to take you home."
I shrugged. "He had to go home, it wasn't his fault he was working today," I said. I shocked myself. It was a bit weird how defensive i had just got. As if we'd been going out for ages or something. As if he was really important to me.
But then, i sighed, that was what made Tom so amazing - how intense he was. How deeply i felt it all.