3. Another Girl?

It was Saturday morning, two weeks after the first day of filming. I hadn't been needed since then, So I hadn't seen Tom since he'd done that weird thing of asking me if a was single.
I still hadn't told anyone how Tom made me feel.
What was the point? I was a zillion miles from getting to know him any better. He was far too attractive and sure of himself to be interested in someone like me. If i told anyone they'd just feel sorry for me or - worse - start offering me advice.
I was down the high street meeting up with (Y/F/N) for a bit of a catch up in a local cafe, and then you was going to go shoe shopping, well (Y/F/N) was going to go shoe shopping.
As for me, I actually find clothes and shoe shopping quite boring, i only go because it's what girls do.
It was warmer outside than i had realised and, as i strolled the ten minute walk to the shops, i took off my jacket. I was wearing quite a tight fitting top top underneath. It didn't used to be tight, but i guess it just shrank it the wash.
I hoped it had shrunk, anyway. The alternative was too depressing to consider.
Several guys started staring at me as i turned onto the High street. I hate that, men gawping at my boobs. I shook out my jacket and held it up to slide my arm in. Better hot than stared at.

And then i saw him. Tom. Sauntering down the hill towards me. He hadn't seen me. He was busy chatting. Oh god. He was chatting to a girl. I stood rigid, the jacket still held out i for the of me.
She was gorgeous. Tall - almost as tall as him - with a mass of brown hair and a slim, sinewy body.
They were both wearing jeans. Hers was fastened by one of those incredibly trendy belts everyone wears nowadays.
She was smiling at him, laughing at something he'd said.
My heart seemed to shrink, cold, down to my stomach. I felt like crying. He was looking around now. Glancing at a girl passing by in a short skirt. Then he dipped his head, hhis fringe flopping gorgeously over one eye, and he checked his watch.
He said something to the girl beside him. She nodded.
As they drew closer, i could see their faces more clearly. Hers was elegant and refined-looking.
They was only 20 meters away from me now. They were going to pass me in less then a minute. What should i do?
Part of me wanted to scurry away across the road. But a larger - much larger- part of me wanted to walk up to him and say "Hi".
I could make it casual. I mean, what was the big deal about just saying "Hi"? We were in a movie together after all. And i had to know how he felt about her. So far he hadn't touched her. Maybe, just maybe - though looking at how beautiful she was i was crazy to even hope it - they were only friends.
The seconds ticked past. Tom and the gilt drew nearer.
I made my decision. I was going to walk past, looking at him.
If he looked up and noticed me, I'd say "Hi". If he didn't, I'd walk on and say nothing.
I set off, my jacket limp in my hand, my heart pounding in my chest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Hmmmm, i wonder who the other girl could be. 🤔😂
-L