Chapter VII: Amy, The Tinkerer

The next morning after the battle, Amy's family and Julia all went to a nearby hotel. Amy was excited but sad at the same time. She was in the conjoined hotel room sitting at the table with her hands covering her face. She was crying because she didn't want to leave Julia, her new found friend. She wasn't ready to say goodbye just yet. But today is training day for Amy. While the family got some well needed rest, Julia, John, and Amy all went out of town for the day to go train somewhere far away from the city. Amy wasn't the only one who was upset that she was leaving. Both Julia and John were both saddened by how time went by so quickly. They never really got to know each other because they were too busy bringing down the Twisters. John never really knew Amy that well either. So on the car ride to the Tinkerers training field, located just outside of Manhattan. Julia and John both thought it was a good idea to get to know Amy a little more before she departed this era in time.

They walked down the hallway and got into an elevator. There was a male operator in the elevator. He was missing his left leg from the knee down. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a white undershirt. He had a black bow tie. His pants were rolled up and folded back on his left leg.

"What floor guys?" The elevator operator asked politely. Everyone stood in the elevator waiting for it to go down to the lobby.

"Lobby please," John answered as he stood in the elevator with his hands on the rail, which was waist height, in the elevator.

Soon enough, they got to the main floor

"So Amy. Since we haven't been able to get to really know each other, why don't we all get to know each other? Sound like a good idea hun?" Julia said quietly because she didn't want to express her feelings she was having about Amy leaving tonight.

Amy was sitting in the back seat of the car looking out the passenger side window. Amy turned around and faced Amy.

"You know I had learned a lot from you since you arrived here and scared me half to death," Julia chuckled.

John was sitting in the driver's side of the vehicle. He kept looking back through the rearview mirror.

"So Amy. I know we didn't get to know each other very well, but why don't we start now? And yes I know we didn't get off on the right foot, but I'm back to normal and that's all that matters. If it wasn't for Egor, Suzanne would still be controlling me. I never had any intentions of hurting anyone. Though after Egor left when he turned eighteen, I was heartbroken, but I got through it. And whatever stories you heard about me, they're all false. But I have a question for you. How did you guys end up in this time era?" John asked as he looked away from the rearview mirror and onto the road in front of him.

"Well my friend. That's kind of a long story. I went into your brothers antique shop and purchased a camera called the Test Model 1925 camera. My grandmother, Susie Harper, had wanted that camera for ages and I found it online at his store. So we take it home and decide to take a picture with it. Little did we know, was that the camera had the ability to bring us back in time," Amy explained to John and Julia as the car continued to move on down the gravel road.

"We're almost there guys. About five more minutes," John stated as he turned left to go down to the field.

Julia was still turned around in her seat. She stared at Amy with a smile on her face. She had her head resting in her hands.

"I'm fascinated by your short explanation. Please tell me more. I'm interested," Julia stated as John interrupted the conversation.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, but we're here." John said as he looked back in the rearview mirror. John then pulled into a parking space and turned the car off. He then pulled the key out of the ignition. Everyone then unbuckled their seat belts and opened their doors and slid off their seats and stood up once they got out of the car. They were all exhausted from battling the Twisters the night before. Good thing they don't need to worry about them anymore. The only thing they're worrying about now is getting Amy up to speed and fully trained before she leaves tonight to go back to her time.

~In the Phantom Zone Realm~

Suzanne was extremely angry that the Tinkerers had defeated her army she worked so hard on to expand ever since she became the first Twister. She was thinking of ideas on how to get revenge on the Tinkerers without them knowing. Then, just then, she got a brilliant idea.

"Aha. I got the perfect idea for a vengeance on Amy and the Tinkerers. And it involves going into the future to Amy's time," Suzanne said as an evil smile appeared on her face. "And that's not all. I'll just have to tinker with one of her closest friends...Julia Phillips," Suzanne said in an evil tone as she began thinking of a way to escape the Phantom Zone.