Sasuke and Sakura

"Huaah...!" April yawned and stretched happily when she woke up the morning of the 15th. She was feeling well-rested and refreshed after taking it easy and sleeping all yesterday once she was done taking her graduation picture. She had felt like she was running on empty, but now she was fully charged and ready to take on anything. Which was good, because they were supposed to go to school today for an explanatory meeting about what they were supposed to be doing next. "Well, I guess I'd better get dressed and finish packing up our lunches," April said with a smile as she hopped out of bed.

Next door, Naruto was also waking up and rolling out of bed, but he was feeling a bit drowsy after running around all day yesterday with Konohamaru and his closet-pervert of a tutor, Ebisu. Out of habit, Naruto stumbled into his kitchen, made some toast, and poured himself a glass of milk.

Meanwhile, the older ninjas were having a meeting of their own. Every jōnin and chūnin serving as academy teachers and team leaders had been gathered before the Hokage.

"Team 7 will be Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, and April Starr," the Hokage announced. There were some murmurs amongst the crowd upon hearing this.

Four genin to one team? That was unusual... Not to mention the members...

"I will be placing Kakashi Hatake in charge of this team," the Hokage continued.

'Kakashi-san?' Iruka thought, concerned. He had heard Kakashi was a very harsh grader when it came to the survival test. Would Naruto and April be alright?

"Got that, Kakashi?" the Hokage asked.

"Sure," Kakashi said casually. They probably wouldn't pass anyway. No one ever did.

"Team 8..." the Hokage said, moving on. "Hinata Hyūga, Kiba Inuzuka, and Shino Abarame. Kurenai Yuhi will be in charge of these three."

"Yes, sir," Kurenai said dutifully, standing at attention.

"Kurenai, this is your first time in charge of genins, isn't it?" he asked. "The jōnin in charge will decide their future."

"Yes," she said, nodding in understanding. "I will be careful with them."

"The genins of squad 10... Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, and Chōji Akimichi. I'm placing Asuma Sarutobi in charge of them."

"Understood!" Asuma said confidently.

"Well, that's it for team assignments," the Hokage said. "School will be starting soon. You are all dismissed." Kakashi turned to leave with the others, but he was stopped when the Hokage called out to him again. "Kakashi... I'd like to have a word with you about some of the genin on your team."

April and Naruto finished getting ready and emerged from their apartments at about the same time. Their eyes met and they shared a grin.

"Race ya!" Naruto said, taking off at a full sprint.

"You're on!" April said, hot on his trail.

"Ha!" Naruto let out a triumphant laugh when he reached the stairs first, leaping down to the first landing. "What do you think of that?"

"I think I'm winning!" April shouted with a grin as she forewent the stairs altogether and leaped onto the rooftop of the neighboring building and hit the ground running.

"Ah! No way!!" Naruto yelled in dismay as he quickly scrambled to catch up.

"Haha!" April grinned as she jumped again, enjoying the feeling of the wind rushing through her hair for a brief moment, before she landed on the next roof and picked up speed.