The Worst Possible Client

Deep in a heavily forested area, Team 7 was carrying out their latest mission.

"Are you in position, April?" Kakashi asked over his headset, coordinating his students' movements.

"Yes, I've got the escape route blocked," she reported into her mic. "The target's getting closer, should I engage?"

"Negative. Hold your position for now," he told her. They didn't want the target slipping through and getting ahead of them again. "What's your distance to the target?" he asked the others.

"Five meters. I'm ready anytime," Naruto said determinedly.

"So am I," Sasuke said.

"Me too," Sakura added.

"Ok! Go!!" Kakashi ordered them.

"Uraaah!!!" Naruto shouted as the three of them leaped out at their target, catching it off guard.

"!!" the target cried out in alarm and tried to make a run for it.

"Oh, no, you don't!!" April said, cutting off the cat's projected path as Naruto pounced.

"Gottcha!!" he said, grinning, as he trapped it in his arms.

"Nyaaa!!" the cat screeched in dismay, already struggling to get free again.

"Aww!! Ouch!!" Naruto yelled as the angry cat began trying to shred his face off with its claws.

"There should be a ribbon on its left ear... Are you sure this is our target, Tora?" Kakashi asked.

"Yeah, we're sure," Sasuke replied while April carefully pried the bristling cat off of Naruto, holding it's legs securely so it couldn't attack.

"Good," Kakashi said. "Lost Pet 'Tora' Search Mission... complete!"

With that, they headed back to report their progress and return in the wayward feline to its owner.

The wife of the Land of Fire's feudal lord, Madam Shijimi, was extremely happy to see her beloved Tora again... the feeling did not appear to be mutual. Tears were streaming down the cat's face as she squeezed it tightly and smothered it with love.

"Ohh, my cute little Tora-chan. I was so worried," she cooed to the cat as she snuggled it with an excessive amount of unwanted affection.

"Nyaaa!!" Tora screeched as if to say, 'I'll get you for this, you meddling kids!!'

'Gyahaha!! In your face, you stupid cat,' Naruto thought.

'No wonder it ran away,' Sakura and April thought, sweat-dropping.

"Now then, Kakashi's Team 7, your next mission is..." the Hokage said, getting their attention. "Hmm... baby sitting an elder's grandson, shopping in the neighboring village, and helping with the potato digging."

"No!!! No!!! No!!! No, thank you!!!" Naruto shouted abruptly, making an 'x' with his arms. "I want to do, you know, a more incredible mission!!! Find us a better one!!"

'I agree...' Sasuke thought, frowning slightly at the mundanity of it all.

'I know how he feels, but... We have to go through all of this Mr. Miyagi crap to gain some experience before they'll let us do anything more exciting...' April thought. That's just how the system worked, unfortunately.

'Geez... How annoying...' Sakura thought. Why couldn't Naruto keep his mouth shut?

'I thought it was about time for this...' Kakashi thought with a sigh.

"You idiot!!" Iruka snapped at Naruto, shooting up out of his chair. "You're still just a rookie!! Everyone starts off with the simple duties and works their way up!!!"