Shadow X Baby! Reader

Requested by breezy-bree
Sorry for taking a while! Also, sorry if Shadow is true to his canon personality.
If you're not a rabbit, just say you're adopted by Vanilla. You're also younger than Cream.

Shadow's pov

I can't believe Sonic. Making a stupid excuse to get out of babysitting (Y/N) and Cream. Anyways, here I am at Vanilla's house. Cream is already annoying enough, how much worse can it get?

The door slowly opens to reveal the tall rabbit, Vanilla. She's nice enough, but she can't defend herself.

"Oh why hello Shadow. I suppose I should show you around," Vanilla spoke.

As much as I didn't want help, Vanilla made me tour the house. After Vanilla had shown around. She insisted I kept an eye on Cream and (Y/N) at all times. I shrugged. A couple kids could do fine on their own.

She soon left. I decided to just sit down, close my eyes and think. Soon enough, one of the children had made it to where I was. I knew it because of those obnoxious giggles. I didn't dare allow it to interrupt my thoughts.

"C-cream...?" She had said in a childish voice. Soon, small steps were heard. Great, now there's two.

"What wrong (Y/N)?" Cream had said in her high voice. I assume the younger one had pointed to me. "Oh, that just Mr. Shadow! Hi Mr. Shadow!"

I hummed in response. Couldn't they see I was busy focusing? Later on, one of them started whining. Fantastic.

"(Y/N), whats getting you down?" Cream asked. I opened my eyes slightly to see her pointing to the door.
"Do you want to go outside?" Cream spoke again.

"Uh huh..." (Y/N) said quietly.

Sigh...

"Mr. Shadow, can we go outside?" Cream asked me.

"Do whatever you want," I say with an annoyed tone as always. I hear the door open soon after. Finally glad to get some peace, Cream's voice interrupts it.

"Don't you need to watch us?" Cream asked.
Hoping that they'd possibly stay quiet, I'd agreed. As I stand up, I hear cries. Creams rushes over to the outside. As I step out, I see (Y/N) on the floor in tears.

What for? A simple impact on the face doesn't hurt compared to other things...

"Mr. Shadow! Can you calm her please?" Cream asked politely. "She doesn't calm down when I try to do it!" She added.

I sigh. "Fine, but only because I need silence," I responded in a strict tone. Cream nodded.
"Hmm..." I mumbled as I lifted her off the ground.

"Umm.." Creams mumbled. "Mom usually jus-"

"I don't need help. I can do this," I interrupted.
I shushed her quietly as I stroked (Y/N)'s cheek gently. Cream grew curious. I pulled (Y/N) close to my chest. Her hands soon started playing with my fur. Maria used to play with my fur...

I quickly pushed those thoughts back and started focusing on (Y/N). She stopped crying, but she was still anxious. After a bit, I placed her back on the ground. As I turned, whines were heard. "Hmph.." I turned to see (Y/N) running towards me.

Cream giggles. "She likes you!" She pointed.

"I can see..." Since she didn't need my help, I went back inside to sit down. Somehow, with me not noticing, (Y/N) managed to get to where I was.

"Sh-shad...ow?" (Y/N) had managed to say.
I had sighed and just sat her down on my leg.
She giggled. Maybe she wasn't so bad...