Chapter 2 You're afraid of me.

Sunday was family day so it wasn't long before it was Monday morning. In twenty minutes Janie would be here to pick me up. I looked in the mirror. Plain old Sadie, I was dressed in my brown T shirt and some baggy jeans with my paint splattered sneakers. Suddenly my door was swung open.

"Sadie Haskins! You are not wearing that! I brought you clothes." Her voice came like I knife to my ears this early in the morning. "I knew you would be doing this same old thing. Drake's first day is today and you are not going in looking like a homeless person." I groaned.

"Janie please, like he even knows I exist. Besides that Dani girl is probably his girlfriend and I gave a boyfriend." I replied. She continued fixing my hair.

"I'm pretty sure you crash landing on him insures he knows you exist. And so what if she's his girlfriend it doesn't mean you can't look nice." She was already moving to my make up before she added "Plus maybe it's time to renew your image. Adam is dying to go to more the kissing and maybe some confidence will help you." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh god pick a guy already and do not start I hear enough from him" I frowned. He has been trying hard lately to move forward with our relationship. Trying to comp a feel every time we kiss. I always say I'm not ready but I know he's getting impatient. After thinking for a minute I gave in. I changed and turned to look in the mirror. I was amazed just light makeup and a wardrobe change could change my whole look. I smiled and we both walked out of my room.

"Hey sweetie, oh wow you look good." My mom said as she turned around.

"All thanks to me!"Janie chimed in. "Doesn't she look great?"

"She sure does." My fathers voice came from the door way. "I'm sure Adam will like this. Don't let him get any ideas Sadie."

"I know dad. I'll see you guys later love yous." And with that we were out the door. The entire ride Janie went on about Drake and his body at the beach and why he did what he did. A bunch of rambling until we finally parked at the school. I heard my name being called and turned to see Adam running towards us.

"Come on I'll walk you to class. I heard there's a new kid who has a bad record I don't want you getting mixed up with him." He said as he grabbed my hand.

"We'll then I guess your a little to late because he's the guy I tripped over at the beach. And either way I can take care of myself Adam you don't need to worry." I smiled at him but he gave me a weird look, like he knew something but didn't tell me. I pecked his cheek but still let him walk us to class.

My first half of the day dragged, I had class with no one but thankfully had lunch with Adam. I seen Todd walking with double the weight in his backpack and his tray in front of him. He seemed frazzled as he stopped and sat down at my table.

"What is in your backpack you look like you're carrying a body?" He gave me a flat look.

"Janie asked me to carry her books for her and meet her in front of each class to give them to her." He took a sip from his bottle. "But she said I could have one dance at the football banquet on Saturday.

"Oh good god Todd when did you become so whipped. You weren't like this last year?" I seen him give me a quick panicked look before it vanished.

"This is my last year to try to win her over. I guess I didn't realize in a couple months we all won't be here together anymore." He smiled, hope filling his features. "But I've promised, no more girls until the end of the school year and we can book a room together for senior trip. Are you gonna go its in June to Greece remember?"

"Todd where would I ever come up with the money to go to that. You and Janie will have a great time though. I'm rooting for you." I smiled and so did he. Adam finally joined us and we talked about our day so far. I looked up when a commotion started in the check out line. I seen Brian pointing his finger into the new guys chest. Obviously he doesn't know Drake's past. I got up and started walking over to where they were standing.