Chapter 3 May i have this dance?

After three washes and a hour shower I think had gotten all the paint off. Janie just laughed when I walked through her door. I didnt tell her that Drake had been there. She would have given me the third degree so she just pointed me to the shower. I walked out in my towel and she smiled.

"Oh there you are I thought I had lost you in there, come on we only have an two hours before the boys pick us up." In Janie's world of getting ready, two hours was about twenty minutes. After she had put my hair into a beautiful up-do, I striaghtened hers. She made me give up all rights to my make up as I felt her cake it on. We changed and were putting on our shoes as the boys were let in by Anita. We stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down at them, Todd's eyes just about bugged out of his head looking at Janie. Adam looked up and smiled, but behind his eyes I could see anger. I tried to smile back but I couldnt help but think he was mad at me.

We all got into our cars, I turned to look at Adam. "Are you ok, you seem upset?" He turned to me. His eyes softened and he sighed.

"Im sorry Sadie, I just got some bad news thats all. I'll try not to let it ruin our night." he smiled and I did back. The rest of the ride he complimented me on my dress and makeup. When we finally arrived he got out and ran to open my door. I got out and looked at the enormous hotel in front of me. The stone walkway added a nice touch as we headed to the door. Adam looked nice in his tux, he seemed to really be in his element with the football team even though he barley played. We walked in and sat at our table. It was extravagant, the tables were decorated beautifuly and there were flowers everywhere. They really went all out for this.

Janie and Todd wouldn't shut up and me and Adam just laughed at their honeymoon fase. After the awards and dinner the tables were moved and the dance floor was open. Music blared, the lights went down and we all got on, dancing with Adam was nice. He turned to look at the door and stiffened. I grabbed his arm smiling trying to get him to face me but he stayed staring at god knows what. He turned and grabbed my wrist.

"We're leaving!" He yelled over the music. Leaving? The dance part just started. Why? I pulled my hand out of his grasp and stopped.

"Adam I dont want to leave, why do you want to go so soon?" I asked, my heart slumping. He looked pissed, his anger was now pointed directly at me.

"Why dose everything have to be a fucking question with you? I said we're leaving so we're leaving! End of discussion." He roared making me feel two inches tall.

"You're not my father! I'm staying. I'll get a ride with Janie and Todd and you can continue you're hissy fit somewhere else!" I stormed toward my two friends who had stopped dancing to see what we were argueing about. Janie's face looked shocked, I forgot she wasn't there at the lunch table to witness his first blow-up.

"I'll give you a ride home Sadie its not a problem." Todd smiled but looked dissapointed that he and Janie wern't going to be riding alone. I looked back to see Adam leaving. I smiled back,

"It's ok I'll call my dad to come and get me dont worry about it." They both agreed and we continued dancing. After about an hour a slow song came on. I winked at Todd who grabed Janie and flung her to him. I made my way back to our table and sat down. Adam has been weird latley. Hes not even here to dance with me. I watched as Todd and Janie stepped on each other's toes laughing. I sighed and put my head down on the table.

"May I have this dance?" His voice caused goosebumps to form all over my body. I looked up to see a pair of green eyes looking down at me, his hand out to mine. He looked so sharp in his suit, it was black on black making his skin shine and his hair was styled messily. I was hesitant but he didnt make a move. He looked so cool and collected like he did this all the time, where I has breathing shallow and gaping like a fish. I looked at his hand and slowly moved mine to it. It was rough, but the contact made my breath hitch in my throat. He closed his hand around mine and walked me to the dance floor. He put his other hand around my waist and began to move.