Chapter 7 Can I sleep with you?

The past twenty mintues we listened to the radio while we drove and he talked about how to keep my tattoo clean.

"How long have you been working there?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Since we moved here, about 2 or 3 months a guess." He paused for a moment before he continued. "I was placed there because I had art skills, Its part of my parole." I didnt understand why would they put him in a tattoo shop as part of parole? He must have seen my confusion. "We're all are on parole, the shops' a place we all have skills to work in. Patty started it about 6 years ago because they had him bagging groceries for over a year and he said he would flip his top if he didn't get out of there soon. So he and his parole officer worked with a judge and opened it for the more creative group of parolees."

"So everyone in there has been in jail?" I asked.

"Yeah Patty did fifteen years for murder, Danny did ten for arson which accidentally killed two people inside, and Carly the front desk girl did 2 for drugs." I nodded, I guess it makes sense, they put them in groups this at least lets them use there minds. I wonder what would make a nice guy like Patty comitt murder.

"That is actually a really good idea. Mrs Henry always says if you dont let your aggression out through your passion then you'll let it out in worse ways."

He smiled and shrugged, "Yeah I guess that's exactly what were doing."

We both stopped talking after that for a few minutes but the questions still burned in my mind. "Why did Patty kill someone, he seems so nice?" The words came out before I had a change to close my lips around them. He looked abit taken back by my question but answered anyways.

"He killed his neighbor after he found him in bed with his wife. He says he dosent remember doing it." His frowned deepened. "I remember everything." He didn't flinch, he was unaffected by what he had just told me. I decided I was going to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the ride, however long that would be.

.

.

.

Another twenty minutes went by before Drake pulled the car over. The beach was beautiful at this time of night. I inhaled the sent and turned to see a grinning drake. "Come on I want to show you something, are you hungry?" As if on cue my stomach rumbled, I giggled and beagn walking beside him. He walked into a small alley way. I frowned as he led me down the small pathway and into a back door. Was this were people come to do drugs a and have sex? He led me into a small door with no sign on it.

We walked into a tiny restaurant and we were seated. The place was packed for being so small and secluded. It smelled of seafood which made my mouth water. "It's a Greek resturaunt, My dad used to take me and my sister here before he died." He said with a smile. The waitress came over right as he finished his sentence, buying me more time to process what he said. He ordered for both of us before even asking what I wanted. I smiled at the gesture.

"When did your dad die?" I asked quietly.

"When my mom got pregnant with Addie, he was in a car accident." I cringed. I couldnt imagine losing a parent.

"I'm sorry." I said but he shook his head.

"Don't be, I feel sorry for Addie for never getting to meet him, me and Dani have a lot of memories." I had never seen this side of him before, he was sensitive and almost normal. Our meals came out quickly and I look at the delishous food in front of us. Scallops, mussels and even squid lined our plates, I was eating my food slowly trying to savor every minute of it when suddenly the music blared causing me to jump. I looked over to see a amused Drake.