Chapter 9 We're leaving

The walk back to the car consisted of him smiling and me pouting behind him. Ugh he's so unpredictable. I sighed loudly as we got back to my mothers Honda. "I'll drive." He said with a smirk. I quickly chucked him the keys and slid into the passenger seat. The blush was plastered to my face with embarrassment since I crawled out of the river and over to my clothes.

This was it, he had me wrapped around his finger and he knew it. I groaned out loud at the thought, he could do anything and I would allow it, I was falling hard.

He reached down and turned on the radio and left his hand in the shifter between us. I looked at his calloused fingered as they lightly surrounded the black knob. I looked up at his face to see him concentrating on the road. His strong jaw was shut tight, his beautiful eyes sparkled as the sun shined in them. He looked over. Shit. I always get caught, he didn't say anything as he looked away but the smirk that crossed his face said it all. I lowered myself in my seat, I just continued to make a fool of myself today. I watched as he changed the station of my mothers stereo until he landed on my favorite channel and placed his hand back onto the shifter.

I listened to Layne Staley as his voice began to sing his song of entrapment. I watched as Drake's fingers drummed along with the beat. I tapped my foot as the upcoming chorus was begging for me to belt it out. I couldn't help it my voice was coming out whether it wanted to or not. Seconds before my voice was to join his I reached down and turned the volume up all the way and let the words flow.

"Feeee-e-e-ed my eyes! Can you sew them shut." I sang out loudly.

"Je-e-e-sus Christ! Deny your maker."

"He-e-e-e who tries! Will be wasted."

"Feeee-e-e-ed my eyes, now you've sewn them shut!"

I looked over to see a smirking Drake, my face flushed quickly before the song was turned down. He reached into his pocket and plugged his phone into the aux cable. He pressed play as Metallica filled the speakers as he turned it back up. I smiled and began singing the words as he soon joined me. We belted out song after song until I was in a fit of giggles. I didn't feel embarrassed anymore, felt happy. I reached down and wrapped my small fingers around his rough ones.

He gave them a gentle squeeze before pulling them up to his face giving my knuckles a soft kiss before putting them back on the shifter and turning his attention back to the road. I felt my heart grow ten times the size at his small token of affection. The smile on my face was stuck as we pulled up outside his house. We exited the car as he came up to my side I reached down and put his hand back in mine, I looked up at him to he him looking down at me smiling.

"You've done it now. Be ready for the ambush." I looked at him confused, until I looked at the house to see faces in the window. The shades quickly pulled shut as I giggled. We walked up the pathway to his front door and I felt him take a deep breath. He turned the knob to open the door and we were instantly questioned. They asked about our status and where we were as Drake dragged me to his room ignoring all of them. He pushed open his door and flung me inside as he shut and locked it before they could continue. He pulled me back to him and pushed me up against the door. We were both laughing as he planted small kisses on my lips. I could feel both of our smiles widen as we heard knocks from behind us but it didn't stop him. He gave me small pecks all over my face and neck as my giggles intensified. He walked us towards his bed and we kissed and laughed. I felt whole, it was more then what I ever felt with Adam, much more.

.

.

.

.

Drake and I had spent all day Saturday together before I drove myself home that night. Sunday was family day and I was again questioned about my good mood, what can I say I was happy. I looked at myself in the mirror, Drake would be here in twenty minutes to pick me up.