Chapter 5 You know nothing.

I woke up to a door slamming. I looked around, the sun was lower in the sky telling me we had been driving for a while. I looked at the clock, 5:38. I got in the car at 2. What were we doing? Where were we? I looked over at his seat to find it was empty. I looked around, we were at a gas station. Peeked up over the door frame and seen him at the counter paying. He walked out with a bag and got back in.

He pulled out something before throwing the rest of the contents along with the bag onto the floor by my feet He handed me a pile of fabric, a t-shirt. Thank god.

"Thank you." I breathed out. Holding it out in front of me, a giant sun with the words Sunny Cali across it greeted me.

"It was either that or the California quail." He said sheepishly, putting the keys into the ignition.

"It's ok thank you." My throat hurt, it came out as a croak. He reached down between my feet and pulled a bottle of orange juice out of the bag and handed it to me. I greedily chugged some down. I cleared my throat, god that felt so much better. I looked at him and tried to smile, I failed. "Where are we?"

"Venice." He looked over at my shocked expression. We were at least 4 hours from home. "I wanted to bring you somewhere, it's only fifteen minutes away." His expression looked almost happy for a split second before it returned to normal. He wanted to bring me somewhere? Where was he taking me? I watched as he reached into his jeans pocket pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"I didn't know you smoked." I said flatly.

"It's a bad habit I picked up in.." He stopped. I watched as the ember burned, it looked so relaxing the way he did it.

"Dose it really make you feel better?" I asked. He looked confused for a second. He shrugged his shoulders and handed me the butt.

"You tell me." I took it out of his hand, anything to make this feeling go away. I put it to my lips and inhaled. I choked like an idiot handing it back. I coughed until I was sure I got everything out of my lungs. What the hell was that supposed to do? "Guess that was a no?" he smirked putting it back up to his lips and continued driving.

"That's bad for you." I said.

"I only do it when I'm angry." He replied.

We'll that's always so I guess he's a smoker.

True to his word about 15 minutes later we pulled over. We were behind a department store. This was it? I got up and looked around, nothing jumped out at me. He looked at me and chuckled. "No not this were just walking threw here. We walked into the store and he pointed me to a bathroom to change. I came out and watched as he held in his chuckle, this shirt was awful but still better then the nothing that I had and I gave him back his jacket. We walked out the front door and I was hit with the smell of the ocean. God I loved this smell, I went to the beach everyday in the summer. I looked up when I heard screaming, there was a roller coaster soaring over us. I looked around taking in my surroundings a wicked smile forming across my face, it was a carnival.

"It looked like you could use a good scream." He said looking around. He nodded me towards the biggest ride I've ever seen. He paid for us to get on and scooted into his seat. I followed in next to him and watched as the workers put the bar down in front of us. Drake clutched the bar in front of him and I did the same.

The ride roared to life as we started our ascend. I looked out to the ocean and we got higher and turned to look at him, he looked back at me neither of us said anything. I jerked my head forward when the ride started pulling over the edge. I didn't realize how high we were and without thinking gripped Drake's hand for dear life. The touch make me flinch from the jolt I got.