Chapter 6

Me and Ava decided to ditch the Garrison at about 3am when the crowd started to die down. Zelda was too tired to come out dancing, and all the other girls were too drunk to walk let alone shake their flappers in a down town club.

The time was about 4:30am, and me and Ada were currently making our way back into Small Heath from dancing all night. We actually ended up having a really good time and i felt like i'd finally got a good group of girlfriends i could rely on.

We made our way down a back-ally, giddily singing one of the many show tunes stuck in our heads from the club we'd just been to.

'God knows how i'm gonna get up for work in the morning' I grinned trying to walk properly on the cobbled path.

'Oh just call in sick, i'm sure the manager wont mind' Ada giggled shaking her head.

'I am the manager you idiot' I chuckled. 'And some of us actually have to make a living in the this town'

She was just about to reply when her face dropped, almost asif she'd seen a ghost.

My eyebrows crinkled at the sudden change in expression as I aligned my vision with hers; that's when my heart stopped.

At the end of the alleyway stood a sturdy looking man with a devilish smile playing on his lips. I didn't know if it was the brisk night air affecting my drunken state, or the strange man inching closer to us, but something about the situation didn't sit right with me.

I grabbed Ada's hand and turned us around.

'Let's go a different way'

As soon as we started to head in the opposite direction another man appeared, matching the same build and evil expression as his partner at the other end of the ally. Ada gripped my hand tightly, realising that we were trapped.

The 2 men edged forward, their smirks growing bigger with each step they took.

'Get the fuck away from us' I spat, pulling Ada behind me.

The one closest to me chuckled huskily, his eyes reflecting eerily in the dim glow of the streetlights. 'Looks like we've got a feisty one over here Ted'

I pulled Ada close, trying to think of an escape route. My eyes darted around the backstreet in search of a way to get out, but there was no where to run.

'What do you want? We don't have any money or gold' I stated, my heart beat increasing with every step they took.

The man closest to Ada licked his lips darkly, looking to his partner. 'The boss never said there'd be two of them, and that they'd be so damn fine'

The 2nd man nodded in agreement chuckling. 'We could always have a little fun with them.. no one would find out'

Before I could even register what was happening the 2 men had lunged forward, pulled me and Ada apart, and shoved us each against the wall.

The man that had a hold on me stunk of cigars and whiskey; he grinned wickedly. 'You're a pretty little thing aren't you'

I struggled restlessly in his grip only making him chuckle more. 'GET THE FUCK OFF ME'

I instantly regretted my out-burst as the mans fist swung forward and punched me in the face, causing me to fall to the floor with a cry of pain. I attempted to get up but he straddled my body and pinned my arms down to the floor. He leaned forward, his face inches apart from mine as he smirked. 'Don't worry sweetheart, you're gonna love every second of it'

He ripped open the front of my dress to reveal my bare bra and chest, placing sloppy kisses all across my neck and collar bones. I screamed hard, I screamed as loud as my lungs would allow me, but this only resulted in the man putting one of his meaty hands across my mouth to shut me up.