Chapter 21:

That afternoon me, Ada, Zelda, and Pol bunked off work and decided to have a girls lunch. Pol closed the Garrison so we had a place to chat and drink without being interrupted. All four of us were currently sat at the bar top attempting to make cocktails, attempting being the main idea. We'd all made a silent agreement not to bring up the Campbell situation with Pol until she was ready. It was a code all women had amongst themselves. We all knew to a certain degree what she was going through having all felt the repercussions of saying no to man and him hearing yes. Although not said explicitly, I could see the gratitude in Pol's eyes because she knew that Campbell's days were numbered and that we were all right behind her for when that day was to come. She knew she was loved, and that was all that mattered.

Our get-together wasn't completely consumed by female company though, as Zelda was forced to bring her bodyguard Jeremy and I was forced to bring Timothy.

They didn't talk much, only really amongst themselves, but I just assumed they were intimidated by Tommy and didn't want to disappoint him.

The girl chat was in full swing and of course the first thing on everyone's lips was relationships.

'What about you?' Ada smirked raising a suggestive eyebrow. 'Anyone special in your life?'

I shook my head trying to play it coy, silently sipping my cocktail.

'Horeshit' Pol said pointing her finger at me. 'You're always hanging around Shelby Company Lmtd. I have a feeling you're screwing one of the Blinders'

Well, she wasn't wrong.

I rolled my eyes playfully shaking my head.

'I have no idea what you're talking about'

Zelda nodded in agreement with Pol.

'Now that you mention it she has been coming back to the flat at ungodly hours'

Ada wiggled her eyebrows as I continued to keep my lips shut.

'C'monnnn, tell us. Is it John?'

Zelda shook her head.

'That's too obvious, I have a feeling she's gone for one the dark horses of the group'

Zelda wiggled her eyebrows in my direction, a teasing smirk on her lips. She knew that me and Tommy had had a moment once before- was that who she was referring too?

But before any of us could hear what Zelda had to say, Tommy burst into the pub.

Speaking of the devil.

He made his way over to where we were sitting and dropped 4 wads of money onto the bar top.

'I need you to all buy brand new dresses for tonight'

Pol chuckled picking up one of the rolls of cash.

'What's the occasion?'

'A wedding' Tommy stated making his way over to Timothy.

Ada raised an eyebrow, her confused expression mirrored on all our faces.

'And who exactly is getting married?'

'John' Tommy shouted before exiting the pub just as quickly as he entered.

Ada turned to me with a cheeky expression on her face.

'Congratulations Em! I can't believe you didn't tell us!'

I shook my head at her joke while flicking through the amount of money Tommy had left at our disposal.

'Sorry to disappoint girls, but I'm not the bride-to-be'

Zelda's eyebrows furrowed.

'I wonder who is then'