iii

— chapter three

"sleep time!" jimin exclaimed as he stretched and went up the stairs.

"jimin, im going to work now, your father should be home soon. the neighbors will be checking on you as usually."

"ok eomma," jimin said, "bye bye." mrs.park kissed jimin and jihyung then said goodnight to ahra.

"come on ahra," he said to her once his mom closed the door, "i'll show you where you are going to sleep."

jimin walked with ahra to his room, "goodnight jihyun."

jihyun shyly said goodnight and went to his own room.

ahra watched jimin open his door and show her the bed she'll be sleeping on. "jihyun and i used to share a room before we moved here so we had a buck bed."

"you sleep on the top?" ahra asked. jimin nodded. "jihyun used to sleep on the bottom but now i use it for my friends for sleepovers. i don't have many friends though."

"can i be your friend?"

jimin smiled, "okay."

ahra smiled as well and climbed into the bed. jimin walked over to turn off the lights when ahra sat up, "don't turn them off," she stopped him, "i don't like the dark."

"how are we supposed to sleep in the light?" he asked.

"do you have a nightlight?" she asked.

"i think jihyun has an extra," jimin said and went to ask his brother. once he returned, he plugged the nightlight into the outlet closest to ahra, "better?" he asked. she nodded happily.

finally jimin got to turn off the lights.