vii

— chapter seven

"thank for the meal," ahra said to mrs.park, "you're welcome ahra," she replied with a smile, "how were you kids when you were alone? did you boys take care of ahra?"

jimin and jihyun nodded making their mother happy.

"ahra," she said, "i spoke to the police and they reported to me that they have traced your parents."

"really?!"

"yes, but it'll be a while until that return so i think you'll be staying for another day or two."

ahra nodded, "that's fine, as long as they come back. i'll be right back, i need to go bathroom." she then excused herself and went to the bathroom.

"does that mean we'll never see ahra?" asked jihyun to his mom, "well, you won't see her everyday anymore but you'll still see her."

"can we visit her?" asked jimin.

"sure you can."

jimin and his brother smiled knowing they'd be able to see ahra after she leaves.

"time for sleep," mrs.park said, "everyone to bed."

"oh it's raining outside!" jimin said excitedly.

"really?" jihyun and ahra pulled the curtains to see raindrops falling from the dark sky and bounce on the sidewalk while some slid down the window.

"okay, come on, time to sleep," mrs.park said and closed the curtain but left a crack so the kids would be able to see.

"goodnight," jihyun said and went to his room, "goodnight," jimin and ahra said then climbed into their beds."

"sweet dreams," mrs.park said them and closed her door.

ahra switched on the nightlight and fell fast asleep.