Hope

Hey guys!! Long time no update. I'm sorry for that. I've just been taking a break from writing for a little while. Anyway I'm here now and I'm determined to give you guys a long and very well written chapter. Enjoy. Also go follow my EST fam Thekid_Jay . She's pretty rad and writes some good content.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Colson walks into the hospital with a small smile visible on his face. In his hand he holds flowers and a book titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. He saw it in a bookstore and immediately thought of her. The girl that almost died, that was slowly, unknowingly, taking over his life.

He shakes his head of these thoughts of her. She deserved better than him as a friend. But she embraced him and forgave his mortal sin.

He pushed the button to the elevator to go up. A woman stands next to him looking distressed and scared. A new feeling fills his body and he cautiously asks," Um, lady? You ok?"

She looks up , small tears filling her eyes. " My baby has cancer. He's doing his first round chemo today. His name is Rodney."

" Oh. I'm sorry. Here." Colson hands the scared mother the flowers in his hand.

" Thank you sir. I'm sure Rodney would love these. "

He shrugs as the elevator dings and the doors open.

" What floor?"

" The eleventh please. "

He pushes on the floor eleven button and then hits the floor ten button that would lead him to Luma.

" Why you here sonny?"

His shoulders tense and his fists clench. The memory of what he did hits him all over again and it hurts worse than the last time. An ache attacks his chest and threatens to pull him under.

" I almost hurt someone . So now I visit them."

The lady doesn't even bat an eye and says," I doubt you could hurt anyone young man. Maybe you might have had a part in it but I'm sure you didn't mean to. A young man that gives a grieving woman that he doesn't even know his flowers meant for someone else doesn't have it in him. Remember this, you may think you almost killed them but you might have saved their life."

He nods and looks at his chuck taylor covered feet. Today they were American flag print. He'd colored in the white stars so that they were black. The laces were bright red that he was proud to have bought with his own money He didn't steal them this time.

Colson had gotten a job at the corner store as a cashier every day after school. Joe had started noticing his drug money missing so Colson decided not to risk it anymore. It felt better to get Luma things when it was actually his own money.

The elevator dings and signals that they were now on floor ten. He nods politely at the woman and heads off. She puts her wrinkled, withered hand on his arm to stop him a moment before he gets off.

" Sonny, I can see the regret in you. I'm sure they will forgive you. Don't worry. I see that you have a lovely heart. I'm sure you are a blessing. "

Colson gets off the elevator and sits down in a chair near a doctor's desk. He puts his head in his hands and a small tear goes down his cheek. That lady was wrong. He was a monster not a blessing. All he did was kill, steal, and destroy. Hopefully he could change. He scoffs at his self pity and composes himself before going into Luma's hospital room.

When he walks in she's sitting up and reading a book. He clears his throat to signal that he's there.

" Oh, hi Kells. Is that for me?" She nods at the book.