An Unexpected Dark Side

The couple heads down the sidewalk hand in hand as Colson glares at all the men that stared. He gave the few gangsters out and about their proper respect because he didn't want to die but everyone else he glared at. Today he wanted to be alive.

Luma rolls her eyes at his antics and squeezes his hand reassuringly. This did nothing to deter him from glaring at every male he could see. "Kells, stop that! You're being a dick."

"Well they're being pervs! I'd rather be a dick that protects his girl than a perv," he says with resignation in his voice.

"Not every guy is going to stare at me. I promise. Now let's go explain stuff to your boss. You need the money."

Colson nods and after a few more minutes of walking they arrive in front of the CVS. They go inside and he walks over to his boss before pulling him aside and talking rapidly. Luma looks through the aisles stopping when she gets to the makeup section. She's always wanted to try it but never had anyone to teach her to put it on. Now she had Emily.

She sighs before thinking that she needed a job. Not one here since she didn't want to be one of those girls that needed to be down her boyfriend's throat all the time. That would annoy Colson and she would probably want to murder him if she did that.

Luma smiles as she goes through the different products. She's never really had the time or the energy to do something as mundane as shop for makeup. A tap on her shoulder makes her whirl around screaming her head off.

She sees Colson and put her right hand over her heart to steady its rapid beating. "What the hell?! You don't do that to people! You could have been an axe murderer for all I knew. Goodness."

"Not my fault you were in la la land sugar. I still have my job. Let's go to Subway. I'm starving."

"Don't call me sugar Mr. Grumpy Bear! Yeah, you thought I forgot about that nickname but I didn't. Ha ha! How does it feel to be called a woodland creature? Hmm? How does it feel?"

"Feels pretty nice if it's you calling me that. Doesn't bother me anymore. Go ahead. Little punk I don't give a shit what you call me whether it be daddy or fuckwad. Ok sure, I'd much rather you call me daddy but whatever you want sweet cheeks."

"Ew! You're so gross. I can't believe I agreed to date you. Oh yeah, it's your fucking adorable face and all that shit. Come on hungry bitch let's go eat some food. I don't want you to be more cranky."

Colson nods before putting a hand on her lower back and leading her out of the store. Once they finish eating at Subway they make their way to the park where they had their first kiss. Colson just wants to chill out and smoke a joint while looking at the sky.

He hasn't smoked in quite a while. When Luma was in the hospital he hadn't smoked at all not wanting to get randomly drug tested. You can never be too careful when it comes to hospitals. Once they sit down on a bench Luma shivers in the cold through her thin jacket. Colson takes off his and puts it around her not really caring if he was cold.

"Thanks. I don't want you to freeze your ass off though. So here have it back," Luma says pulling the jacket off and proceeding to hand it to him.

"No. You're wearing the fucking jacket babe. I don't care how much you bitch and moan that I'm going to be cold. Just wear it."

Luma nods whilst rolling her eyes as Colson pulls out a joint he got from Soldier back at the house and a lighter. Putting the joint in between his lips, he moves the lighter in front of it while shielding it from the wind with his other hand. After a few tries it lit and he inhales savoring the smoke as it fills his lungs. The taste was heavenly.