Nothing Can Take Me From You

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating in literally the longest time. I hope you guys forgive me. Without further adieu or fluff here it is!

The couple heads towards the fast food restaurant, Checkers, as Colson wraps his arms possessively around Luma's waist. Their friends were probably somewhere but right now, in this moment, the couple didn't particularly care. Their only focus was on one another. The peace they felt in their hearts brought them joy that they hadn't experienced in quite a long time.

"Colson come on! Don't just stare at me like a weirdo. Seriously, come on," Luma says playfully as she sways back and forth.

Colson raises an eyebrow at her.

" I think you've totally forgotten who you're talking to. No one can tell me what to do. Even you."

Luma pouts and goes for a kiss on the cheek that Colson expertly dodges.

"But baby, I'm hungry and you said that you would buy me food. You promised."

Luma looks at Colson with a quite smug expression on her face as he just glares at her his introverted personality peeking through his stoney facade. A sudden wave of sadness hits him and he sighs not even bothering to attempt to fight it off. Colson doesn't think Luma would quite understand so he doesn't say anything. He just silently stands there as everything seems to get slower around him. The noises of the street blurs together.

"Are you ok Kells? Kells don't fall! Kells!" Luma screams as Colson collapses.

Luma runs into the Checkers and frantically asks around for a phone to call nine-one-one. Once she gets ahold of emergency services and tells them the address she runs out to be with Colson until they arrive. His face is cut up from the hard pavement from when he hit the ground and Luma gasps not enjoying the sight of her boyfriend spewing blood from his face.

Once the first responders arrive they have to pry Luma away from Colson's side by force. She screams and kicks the people restraining her.

" Let me go assholes! I need to get to him! You just don't understand. Don't touch me! Stop. Let me just go to him!"

"Ma'am you're going to need to calm down. If you don't I'm afraid that we'll have to sedate you. You don't want to be sedated do you?"

Luma glares at the paramedic that was restraining her and she stops screaming not willing to be sedated since she wants to get to Colson as soon as possible. As soon as the paramedics get Colson loaded up on the ambulance Luma attempts to get in as well only to be roughly thrown out. She lets out an angry breath as one of the paramedics smirks at her.

"Family only princess," one of the paramedics spits out coldly.

"Listen here buddy! I'm the only family he has and I'm not intending to leave him. You're going to have to shoot me. I'm. Not. Going. To. Leave."

The snide paramedic just laughs in her face and signals for the ambulance to leave. She has no idea why that stranger was so rude to her. She hasn't done anything to him at all.

Luma is devastated as she calls Soldier to come pick her up to go to the hospital. It's almost like how they became friends, except this time it was reversed.

" Soldier, Kells collapsed in the middle of the street and I panicked and called 911. Can you please pick me up? I'm near the Checkers," Luma states as soon as her brother drawls a sleepy hello into the phone.

" Fine."

Soldier then hangs up and Luma exhales a shaky breath not sure what to do now that she has to wait. She opts for worrying about Kells. She shouldn't have forced him to go get her food and let him rest after school. Luma worries that this whole thing was her fault and in response to this she bites her nails until a beat up frog green Subaru Forester peels into the parking lot.

She recognizes her brother's friend's car and rushes to get inside after her brother screams out the window of the front seat for her snapping her out of her haze of worry and regret. On the way to the hospital the pair are silent. There's nothing really to say. Kells might be in critical condition and both siblings are worried because of the fact that his stay in their house has been relatively pleasant. It was like they were a family again.

Once Soldier drives to the hospital entrance Luma all but jumps out of the moving vehicle and rushes to go find Kells. She's desperate to find him and see if he's ok. The nurses attempt to stop her , however, since she's small she slips out of the arms that try to restrain her until she finds him. He's awake now and she rushes into his arms.

" Never do that again fuckface!" Luma yells at Kells.

Colson groans and covers his face pretending to be sleeping.

"I know you're not sleeping Colson. Stop pretending. Are you ok? Baby?"

In response he just grabs Luma and holds her tightly to his chest running her fingers through her hair. He plays with the chain he gave her that she never takes off. It makes him happy that she diligently wears it and how loving she actually was. It was an extreme contrast to his mother.

" I'm fine baby. You know I'm invincible. Nothing can take me from you aight?"

                                              The End.