Morning

Colson wakes up with a start as cold air whooshes over his bare legs and chest. He groans and hears the soft sound of feet hit the ugly carpet that is in Luma's room. It's a deep green color and it looks like it hasn't been taken care of very well as there are stains and dirt streaks. Though it is near the end of fall, the window is cracked open.

His eyes begin to focus more on his surroundings and his breath hitches as Luma walks in in nothing but some sweatpants and a tank top. It wasn't the lack of clothing that stopped him in his tracks, it was the look in her eyes. For the first time since he's met and hung out with her they look bright and alive.

"Stop looking at me Kells. I'm gross. Besides it's Monday morning and we have to get ready for school. Have to get out of here somehow. I'm not dragging your ass out once I'm rich and famous."

Colson raises an eyebrow as she puts both hands on her tiny hips. She's always been sassy with him but she never gave off this spark before. Now she looked like someone you don't want to mess with, like him.

"Calm down ma. I'm getting up. Give me a kiss first."

Luma rolls her eyes and winks before walking out of the door shutting herself in the bathroom. He face palms and sighs as he pushes himself out of bed with a lot of effort. Mondays were definitely his least favorite out of all of them. It had something to do with going to school. In the corner of the room he can see his duffle bag that was filled with all his clothing and personal items.

Luma was nice and put his jewelry on her nightstand for easy access. Once he's up and out of bed completely Colson puts his gold chain around his neck fastening the clasp like an expert. Luma smiles at her reflection as she finishes putting on her clothes and towel drying her hair. Today she had on her Nirvana shirt , black skinnies, and her green converse. Before Kells she never really worried about her appearance, giving up after being called so many names. It wouldn't matter what she did anyway.

With Colson she wanted to look good for him. After pulling her hair up in a sloppy ponytail she nods at her reflection before exiting the bathroom. The heavenly sight of Colson's bare back fills her eyesight and she has to keep herself from sighing dreamily.

She really didn't need to inflate his ego anymore than she had to. Luma whistles and Colson does a little shimmy. They both laugh and he gathers her up into a hug before kissing her on the forehead. He was happy. Colson might even be nice in school today. That was probably a stretch.

"Come on boy. Get dressed. You can't really go to school half naked. I mean you can but then people would stare and I'd have to fight some little slut that can't keep her eyes off you. Then I'd get in trouble and get detention-"

Colson puts a finger on her lips to stop her midway through her sentence.

"Shh. I'll put clothes on don't worry. Now you get that bouncy ass downstairs and I'll be down in a minute. Remember our going outside rules."

Luma sighs in defeat as she knows that she won't be able to stop him from making his claim on her. He was such a Neanderthal that way. She secretly loves it but hides that deep inside. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Especially about this.

She grabs her bag at the foot of the stairs and sits on them waiting for him to come down. After a few minutes of tapping her feet and staring at the ceiling he comes down looking handsome in a simple white shirt and ripped blue jean cut off shorts.

He grabs her hand and pulls her up before rubbing his rough thumb against the palm of it. Luma blushes as she's not used to this constant attention.

"Let's go baby doll. Rook and Emily will probably be waiting for us in the library. That's our usual meet up spot. No one ever goes near that corner so you'll be safe don't worry," Colson says as he looks at his girl in admiration while she tries to cover her face.

He grabs his jacket and bag from the bottom of the steps outside where he stashed them and they head down the street to wait for the bus. Colson absolutely despises the bus but Luma absolutely doesn't want to walk all the way to school. They didn't have enough money for any other kind of transportation.

Once they get to the stop sign people are already staring. This annoys Colson and scares Luma so she hides her face in his back wrapping her arms around his torso. She hated being under people's watchful eye. Especially if she's not doing anything remarkable but just standing somewhere.

Colson puts his hands over hers across his stomach and squeezes for both their benefits as he is getting angry. These people have no right to stare at them like they're zoo animals!

"Can you all stop fucking staring?! My girl is about to piss her pants with all this attention. Find something else to focus on before I hurt every single one of you. You. Yes you with the shitty sense of style and an arrogant attitude. Stop looking at my girl. She's mine for a fucking reason. Sorry buddy, you missed your chance," Colson says his face turning red.

So much for being nice today.

--------------------------------------------------------

Midweek update. Gasp. I know.

Just a little filler.
Anyway you all know what to do.
Vote.
Comment.
Share.