Jealousy

Shoutout to my readers from Canada and the UK who makes up ten percent of my readers. I can't believe that this story has made it across oceans and I cannot be more grateful for each and every one of you. Also, shoutout to the readers in Japan and Indonesia. We're in Asia baby. Writing this book has been one of the greatest experiences and I hope that you guys continue to enjoy and read my work. Don't be shy and feel free to comment or vote! I promise I don't bite ... mostly. Anyway enjoy and be all of your fabulous selves.

The group of friends stands awestruck on the street still shocked by the events that occurred only moments earlier. Rook is exhausted from his ordeals involving Emily's father, El Diablo. His face is covered in a viscous layer of blood that Emily attempts to wipe off his face using a rag that her father dropped to the ground before leaving. The blood just won't come off no matter how hard she scrubs and she growls at it in frustration.

" Baby stop rubbing so hard. It hurts!" Rook complains loudly at each swipe of the rag as it is dragged down his face. She just glares at him.

" Stop bein' a big baby Rookie. If we don't get this blood off soon it'll be even harder to get off. So now just be a good boy and sit still until I finish. I'll buy you a cookie if you shut the fuck up."

Luma and Colson attempt to hide their laughter behind their hands. Emily just glares at the couple with the ferocity of a mother lion attempting to protect her cubs. Rook pouts at Emily as she playfully swats at him with the cloth in her hand.

" That was hilarious. Rook was all don't rub so hard and you were all I am the boss you will listen and you will like it. Damn he's whipped! I called it. You made him blush one time when he was sitting at my kitchen tabl-"

Colson stops talking as he remembers that he doesn't have a kitchen table anymore nor does he have a home to go back to. He has to live hand to mouth until he can get back on his feet again. A pregnant pause hangs in the air as a wave of sadness washes over all four of them. The moment is interrupted as an emaciated Slim walks crookedly toward them.

" Why ya'll look like ya'll puppy just died? It's a good day. Be happy. Oh hey sexy mama. What's your name? I'm Slim but you can call me Papi," he says with a terribly executed wink as he saunters over to Luma with exaggerated swagger.

Colson gives him his coldest glare but that doesn't stop Slim from slapping Luma's butt giggling like a little boy who stole a cookie that he wasn't supposed to have. Luma smiles a little bit at the silly way Slim was trying to gangster walk. His pants are hung so low that at any second they are in danger of falling. Colson isn't finding these actions funny at all.

" Touch my girl's ass again and the next thing your hand will be touching will be the ground after I cut it off. Don't be disrespectful to her ever again. Apologize. Now."

Slim just sashays away doing a very messed up version of 'Hit the Quan.' Luma giggles and Colson glares at her before grabbing her petite body and throwing it over his shoulder.

" Colson Richard Baker put me down!" Luma shrieks.

He just ignores her as usual and heads further down the street until he reaches the alley behind the bodega where he works. Located to their left is a navy blue metal dumpster and Colson uses the solid surface as a backrest for her. Both of his hands slam on either side of her body as he looks her up and down hungrily. Since she's distracted and her breath is hitching he uses the opportunity to slap her ass, hard.

" You see that ass I just slapped? It's mine to slap. Mine to put on my lap as we hang out with our friends. Mine to rub absentmindedly as we watch movies. Mine to look at. Not Slim's, not Rook's, not some idiot at school's. Mine. You understand?"

She gulps as his face moves toward her neck as he leaves small kisses making a trail up to her ear. His hands are now grabbing fistfuls of her shirt as he nibbles and licks her ear.

"You understand?" he whispers huskily before moving away from her with a smug grin on his face.

Luma nods before jumping onto his body, crawling up his torso until she's situated on his hip before kissing his forehead whispering, " It's yours. Now shut up and stop being so jealous. I also want some Checkers so get on that."

Closing laughs at her want of food and pulls her in for a long hug. She's the first girl ever to make him act like this. But she's worth it.

Sorry it's a short chapter but I figured I should do a filler before people get even more mad at me. If you're wondering why I haven't been writing as much it's because a lot of stuff has been going on with me and my family that's crazy hard to deal with. I also have an AP class, two IB classes, and an honors class. I have a 4.21 GPA and I need to get a higher GPA for a scholarship. So I apologize for not writing as much but I hope you understand.