Chapter 8

-Athena-
-Flashback-
A few weeks before leaving Mystic Falls

              "Alas my dear brother, you have been reunited with our family," Nik pats Elijah's head and closes the casket, "Put him with the others."

                  My eyes wander over to the four caskets of my other siblings, "We had a deal, big brother. I want to see him."

                  Klaus rolls his eyes annoyed by my request. He's hated that I like Kol more than him, ever since we were reunited. He hasn't tried to make amends in the slightest, hence why Kol is still my favorite brother, "You have five minutes. Hurry would you. We need to be on the road as soon as possible."

                    He leads me to one of the caskets and pulls it open. Kol lays peacefully in the coffin and I hold back tears, "I told you I would come back for you. I'm here now," I begin to pull the dagger out of his chest, but Klaus pushes me away and puts the dagger back in.

                   "You are lucky I do not have that dagger with me at the moment," Klaus spits.

                    "Do not try to hide your jealously with empty threats," I say wiping away a tear.

                    "You think I am jealous of Kol?" Klaus laughs.

                     "I remember the days that you would give anything to see me smile. Now all you talk of around me is how much you'd love my head!" I yell and push him out of my way, "Where did my brother go? Because he sure isn't in front of me."

-Flashback Ends-
-Athena-

                  "Rudy! Rudy? Come here boy! It's too hot out here to make me come looking for you," I watch as the blond girl stumbles back, "Oh my goddess!"

                   "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. My car broke down a couple miles back. Your house is the first I've seen since I started walking, and I was wondering if I could use your phone," I say in my best American accent.

                   "Don't you have a cellphone?" She asks. A little too much attitude if you ask me.

                     "Ya, the battery died. Look I promise I'm not a serial killer, I just want to use your phone," I laugh internally.

                     "Sure," She huffs and walks towards the house.

                      "So I can come inside?"

                      "No, I'll bring the phone out here," She says in a duh tone.

                        "I thought you country folk were suppose to be more trusting," I say in my regular, British accent. She raises an eyebrow.

                       "I'm from Florida," She sasses. I wish I could just rip her bloody head off.

                         Klaus appears and grabs the girl by the neck, "That would explain it. Now why don't you show us a little southern hospitality sweet pea," Klaus compels.