Chapter 19

-Athena-

         I watch carefully as Bonnie does the spell. Apparently she was the witch Klaus had in store to do the unlinking spell. She's a Bennett witch, and their bloodline was used to create it. She suddenly gasps out and looks at Klaus, "It's done."

          Someone groans in the other room and I stomp over there, "Rebekah, what on earth are you.." I trail off seeing Damon Salvatore chained up with bear traps and hung by the ceiling.

            "How could you not tell me he used you?" She asks, "He hurt you Athena!"

              "Because if I did, there was a 99.99% chance you'd tell Nik, and he'd create a war," Rolling my eyes I step closer to Damons body. He's glances up at me and groans.

                 "Come on, you didn't think I actually liked you, did you?" He smirks at my now upset face, "I get it though. If my brother killed anything that looked at me I'd be pretty desperate too." I grab one of the many knifes sitting on the table and shove it into his stomach.

                 "What's all this for Rebekah? Did he hurt your precious feelings?" Nik emerges from the front room and smirks.

                  "No, but-" She looks at me with apologetic eyes, "He did hurt Athenas. So I've been showing him not to mess with a Mikaelson."

                    "Ha, you really do just let them control your life. Can't you see they're never going to let you make your own decisions?" Damon frowns at me, "You can't even torture me yourself."

                     I walk towards him and am ready to stake his heart when Klaus pulls me into the other room, "What did he do?" He demands in his big brother voice. I seriously think he's bipolar.

                     "He just used one of Sages tricks, I am fine," I assure and give him a pointed look, "I'm not a child, Niklaus. I can't take care of myself."

                      "Really? Because last time. I check you were still in a 17 year old body. And I still happen to be your big brother. It's my job, just like the rest of us to take care of you." That's a load of crap. My siblings have not been there for me for nearly 500 years. I guess that's partially my fault.

"I don't have time to argue about how bad of a brother you are. I'm going to get drunk at the Grill," I open the door and run straight into Stefan, "Great, another person I don't have the time to listen to."

"You'll listen when I say that I'm going to make you a deal. Damon's freedom in exchange for the last of the white oak," My skin crawls slightly. It's impossible.

Klaus gives me an angry look, but I stand my ground, "Impossible. I burned all the wood from beneath the bridge. It's all gone."

"Well you didn't get far enough into the records to know that the Mystic Falls sign was also made of white oak. Oh and I killed Finn," Stefan smiles, "So do we have a deal? The last eight white oak stakes in exchange for my brother?"

"And how do we know that there aren't anymore out there?" I question, slightly upset by the news of Finn

"Because there aren't. Now do we have a deal?" His voice sounds irritated.

"I say we double check, shall we?" Klaus asks and leads us into the dining room. Damon still hangs from the ceiling bleeding out, "Damon! Why don't you go home mate?" Klaus suggests.

"No," Damon spits.

"I don't think he heard me," Klaus grabs his chin and looks into his eyes, "Go home." Suddenly his eyes are void and he begins to pull away at the chains. His groans make me smile. Dumb idiot deserves what he got, "Alright, that's enough. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself."

"So the vervains out of his system," I stalk over to the oldest Salvatore, "Damon, besides the one inside of my brother, how many stakes are still it there to kill me?"

I hear Stefan swallow and Damon mutters, "Eleven."

"11, what a surprise! Now I suggest you go fetch the others before I kill your brother," Klaus shoos. The two boys exchange a few more hatful comments towards each other and Stefan reveals his stake. Son now we only need two.

Stefan looks at Damon sadly, "Oh for goodness sakes," I shuffle around and unlatch the bear traps from his wrists, "Take him."

"Athena..." Rebekah protests.

"He was here because of me, so I shall be the one to decide when he leaves. Now take him before I change my mind," I snap and Stefan hurriedly helps Damon up and walks away.

"You may have just signed our death sentence, you know this. Right?" Klaus growls.

"I will not listen to you judge my decisions anymore. I'm going to the Grill to get drunk. Rebekah, care to join me?" I ask sweetly.

"Yes please. If I'm being quite honest, Nik, today is not your day." I giggle and we drive away towards the Grill.