Chapter 9

-Athena-

"Ray, Ray Sutton?" Klaus asks sitting down next to the werewolf we've been looking for forever. He's short, has brown hair, and seems like an arrogant idiot.

"Depends who's asking," Ray says taking a swig of his beer.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida and met a young chap over there who led us in the direction of two lovely women. They led me here," Klaus explains.

"I think I'll be leaving," Ray says and stands up.

I push him back into his seat, "Not so fast love, your kind are very hard to come by. He turns away and Stefan stops him.

"Vampires."

"Swifty, swift. Yes my friend and sister are vampires, but me? I'm something else. I've got a little vampire, a little werewolf. A hybrid Ray. I fancy to make more like me," Klaus says and sits down.

                 "Don't bother looking to anyone for help darling, they've all been compelled to ignore what's happening. Now seeing as you are the first werewolf we've come across I don't know, all summer, we need you to direct us towards your pack," I explain and take the bottle from my brothers hand and gulp some down.

                 "You can't compel me. It won't work," Ray spits.

                   Stefan laughs, "Scotch on the rocks please," He orders and pulls out a black bag, "We're going to play a little game called truth, or wolfsbane."

                    "Goody this should be fun," Clapping my hands I take the bag from Stefan.

                               -----------------
-Athena-

                  "Let's do this," Klaus says and pulls Ray from the trunk. We're in some hiking park filled with thick forest. Apparently Ray's pack stays out here, kind of like a camping group, but they never leave.

           Stefan slings Ray over his shoulder and carries him the whole way up the mountain. We finally arrive to the top and Klaus greets the pack, "Do not be alarmed. My name is Klaus Mikaelson and I am here to give your pack the opportunity of a lifetime. You see Ray here, is going to be a little demonstration." Klaus feeds Ray his blood and looks out into the crowd of werewolves, "Observe."

           Klaus snaps his neck and a girl cries out, "Ray!" She glares at Klaus.

           "You're the hybrid. What is your business here?"

             "Well you see. In a moment Ray is going to wake as a hybrid, which reminds me. To complete the transition into becoming a hybrid, you must either feed on human blood or die. So are there any humans? A boyfriend or girlfriend along for the ride?"

                I scan the crowd and lay eyes on an extra squeamish guy who is avoiding our stares, "You." He looks up and takes a shaky breath, "I can't smell the putrid werewolf on you, so you must be human."

                "Nicely done,"