Chapter 15

-Athena-

      I walk into the Grill and find Kol and Nik talking with Alaric and his girlfriend. I think her name was Meredith or something, "Look who decided to join us!" Kol cheers and pulls a chair, "Did you make yourself decent? Wash up a bit?"

Smacking his head I grab a bottle of vodka from behind the bar and take a swig, "Ah, Alaric. How are you doing?"

"Great, before your family came to Mystic Falls. Do us all a favor and leave," He smiles. I stand up but Klaus pushes me back down.

"Remember mothers rules," Klaus reminds, "Don't worry Ric," He taunts, "We just came to blow off a little steam." Klaus looks at me with a disapproving stare.

         "So you found out your baby sister was getting it on with a Salvatore brother," Alaric laughs. Klaus shoots up and this time I put a hand on his shoulder.

         "Remember mothers rules," I mock, "I can't say I'm surprised Damon told everyone. He's quite the gossip."

         Alaric is about to respond when his phone rings, "Meredith, go by the pool table. I'll be there in a bit," Alaric shoots us another look and walks away.

          Rolling my eyes I watch Caroline strut into the Grill with her chest blaring, "Now I remember her from last night. Tasty little thing, I bet," Kol eyes Caroline and I nearly barf.

        "Say another word and I'll tear out your liver," Klaus whispers and smiles at Caroline. Of course he fancies her, "Caroline!"

         "Oh, it's you," She scoffs and I laugh.

         "Join us for a drink?" Klaus asks and she smiles sweet.

         "Thanks, but I'd rather die of thirst," She scoffs again a walks towards the door.

           I snort, "You play a weak game, brother," I smirk.

           "Isn't she stunning?" Klaus asks blowing off my comment.

             "She certainly looks good walking away from you," Kol laughs.

              Klaus downs the rest of his drink and smiles, "I'll take that as a challenge."

                          -----------------
-Athena-

               "A woman of your caliber ought to choose better company," Kol says trying to flirt with Meredith, "What's your name love?"

               "None of your damn business," She snaps. I hold in the urge to laugh. Kol was definitely new to the whole flirting thing.

                 "Let's try that again," Kol says irritated, "I'm Kol."

                 "Why don't you get lost Kol?" Meredith suggests.

                "As much as I'd love to watch you be turned down again, I need to use the loo," I stand up and walk into the bathroom.

                 I look in the mirror and touch up my mascara and lipstick. A pain in my heart explodes and I see the purple veins appear on my hands and they crawl up onto my neck. Before collapsing onto the ground I see Meredith and Caroline grab my arms to pull me away.

                   Not minutes after the veins appeared, they disappeared. I stand up to find Damon, Stefan, Alaric, and Klaus in the alley outside the Mystic Grill, "Didn't you know? Your mommy and I have a lot in common. She hates you almost as much as I do. Though, I don't think I'd ever try to kill my own children," Damon says and looks at me.

                  Klaus is about to rip Damons throat out when Elijah stops him, "What did mother do?" I ask.

                  "What did she do Elijah?" Klaus demands. Elijah walks down the stairs and pulls out his phone.

                   "Find the Bennett witches or I will tell Rebekah to kill Elena right now," Elijah threatens Damon.

                    "You said we had until after 9:00!" Damon exclaims.

                     "Call Rebekah off. Bonnie and her mom are at the old witches house. She called me a little while ago," Alaric says, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Meredith."

                      I look at my brothers, "Shall we?"

                              -----------------
-Athena-

                   We walk up the hill to the witches house to see a ritual spread out with salt, fire, and Finn in the very middle, "My children, step forward."

                    "Step aside, mother," Finn puts out a hand protectively.

                    "It is alright Finn, they cannot enter," She assures and I glare at her.

                     "How perfect. We're stuck out here while the favorite son is in there playing sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are Finn," Kol smiles.

                       "Enough, Kol. Your brother know virtue you cannot even imagine," Our mother says.

                         "Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity," Elijah states.

                           "My only mistake was that I didn't let you all did 1000 years ago," She says and looks at me.

                            "You claim us to be such monsters, when you are the one who made us this way," I say, "Hypocrite, maybe?"

                             "Enough! All this talk is boring me. End this now mother, or I will send you back to hell," Klaus smiles.

                                "For a thousand years I've been forced to watch you. Feel the pain of every victim. The bloodshed you all caused. Even you Elijah, with your claims of nobility. All of you are a curse to this earth. This has stretched out over generations. If you have come to beg for your lives, I'm sorry. It is too late."

                            "We haven't come to beg for our lives, mother. We've come to let you beg for yours. Either stop this foolish spell, or as Nik said, we will send you back to hell," I say and step closer.

                             She shakes her head, but suddenly frowns, "No! Sisters do not abandon me!" She cries. The torches blaze higher and we all cover our eyes. I feel Kol grab my arm to make certain I'm safe. I squeeze his back. Though my siblings have done many things to hurt me and my brothers did kill Benjamin, I love them. Always and forever we will be flesh and blood.

                                The smoke dies down and we are left alone. Finn and our mother disappeared, "For the love of God!"