Chapter 13

-Athena-

"Remember, mother wants us each to bring a date to this ball, and whoever it is, they must be a good suitor. Niklaus will settle for not just any old human," Elijah says to me and I roll my eyes.

"I've had a lifetime of our brothers judgement. I plan on not caring for what he thinks anymore," I say to him.

"Setting that aside, Rebekah, tell me how handsome I look," Kol raises his brows.

She looks up from the nail dresser painting her nails and smiles sweetly, "Oh Kol, you know I can't be compelled."

Klaus bursts through the doors and I instantly know why he's so angry. Rebekah and I had a little... chat with Elena, "You two went after Elena! What is wrong with you?" He yells.

"Here we go," Rebekah mutters.

"Alright, lets do this," I say to her.

"Do you both want more daggers in your hearts?" He threats.

"Again with the dagger threats? Do you have any other tricks?" Kol asks with a bored expression.

"Did I mention how great it is to have four other people know the hatred I feel towards my own flesh and blood?" I question with a smirk.

"Go back to staring at yourself Kol," Klaus snaps.

"And who are you? My father?" Kol taunts.

"No, Kol, but you are in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside," Kol suggests.

"That's quite enough," I meet my mothers gaze, "Niklaus, come." Klaus takes one look at us and begins to walk away.

"Ohhh, you're in trouble," I taunt snicker.

He turns back around and lifts a finger, "Niklaus!" Our mother shouts. He glares at me and I only stick out my tongue. Idiot brother.

---------------------
-Athena-

"Alright, are you ready?" I ask. Rebekah nods her head and we walk into the Mystic Grill. She had asked me to come with her as she invited Matt Donovan to the ball tonight. Apparently she fancies him.

We walk into the grill and I spot dopplebitch and blonde the vampire eating lunch, "Careful Caroline. It's all well and good until she stabs you in the back," Rebekah smiles and I smirk.

"What are you doing here? I know your moms rules. No attacking on the locals," Elena reminds and I scoff.

"Get over yourself, Elena. Not everything is about you."

We walk away and Rebekah hands Matt an invitation, "I'd love for you to accompany me to the ball my family will be hosting tonight. There will be food, drinks, and dancing. I hope to see you there," Rebekah says and we hurry out of the Grill.

"Shall we head home and prepare for the ball?" Rebekah questions.

"Would you meet me there? I have someone I'd like to invite to the ball. No one special," I try to tell myself it's a lie.