Chapter 10

-Athena-

                 I watch as Klaus feeds each werewolf his blood and snaps their necks. He stands back to admire his work only to be interrupted by Rays groans, "Ah, he's awake."

                 Ray stands up but quickly falls over and yells, "What's happening?" I turn him over to find blood running from his eyes and nose.

                  "Is this suppose to be happening?" I ask and let my brother see for himself.

                     Stefan walks up next to me and laughs, "So much for siring your own species."

                     "This isn't suppose to be happening. I did everything they asked! I did everything right!" Klaus yells and kicks the dirt.

Suddenly Ray shoots up and attacks Stefan. I pull him off and go to make sure that Stefan is alright. He has a large bite in his arm and he frowns, "He bit me."

"Oh yes, that does look pretty nasty," Klaus says examining the bite.

"Ya, I'm gonna need some of your blood," Stefan concludes.

"How about I make you a deal. Ray seems to have run off somewhere, if you bring him back here I'll give you my blood. If not I guess you'll just be dead," Klaus says with an arrogant look on his face.

"Niklaus, you're being a tad unreasonable," I begin but he puts his hand up.

"Off you go then." Stefan takes one final glance at us, "We need to exchange words, you and I."

"Oh exchange words? Is that what we need to do? If Stefan dies you will not hear the end of it from me," I threaten.

"I fully intend on keeping Stefan alive, but we never did get to finish that chat," Klaus point out.

"What about it, Niklaus? You reminded me off a time when we were younger, so what?"

"I believe there was a bit more than that. That was the first time I truly believed that something awful had happened to you. It hurt me to see you like that. It still does to this day," Klaus says looking at the ground.

                            "You didn't seem to believe that when you snapped Benjamins neck," I try to hold back the tears but they keep coming.

                          "You know I will not approve of anyone for you my dear sister. You deserve the best of the best," He looks into my eyes, "For what it's worth, I'm sorry I killed your 'man candy' as kids would say it now days."

                           "You call that an apology?" I ask incredulously.

                          "I call it a start. No matter how much you deny it, we are siblings. Connected by blood. I will need that connection for what is to come."

                             I'm about to ask what's coming when the hybrids begin to wake up," Oh good lord."

                           "This is not how it was suppose to be. Would you care to assist me in slaughtering the lot of them, sister?" Klaus asks smirking.